Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How does yours compare >

How does yours compare

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How does yours compare

Old 11-14-2008, 06:24 PM
Fork Horn

Default How does yours compare

I just purchased a new climber.
I am not going to mention any names till I contact the manufacture and see how they resolve this.
There is a missing bag/items ( harness and connecting strap ).
Claimed weight is 18 lb., but I weighted it on three different types of scales and they are read the same ( 22 1/2 lb. )
Their website says stand weight limit is 350 lb., but decals on the stand ( that says never remove this decal ) has a max weight limit of 300 lbs.

I have been using a Gorilla greyback climber ( steel ) that is on the scale @26 1/2 lbs.
I was looking to go lighter and also get somemore comfort.
Don't get me wrong, I like my greyback alot, but was looking for light weight for longer trips into the woods.
I was figuring that it would be 8-9 lbs lighter, but it is only 4 lbs lighter.
I sure wouldn't have paid $345.00 to save 4 lbs.

So how does your stand compare to what the manufacture claims?
Old 11-14-2008, 07:57 PM

Default RE: How does yours compare

My Treewalker is spot on and it was $300

Old 11-14-2008, 09:00 PM
Dominant Buck

The LW sit and climb is a little overweight (from advertised) but not much.
Old 11-19-2008, 04:14 PM
Fork Horn

Well I guess I'll let the cat out of the bag.
It's been five days and I can't get Treewalker to even return multiple phone calls or even an e-mail.
Kind of suck, American made but no support.
I can always disput it on my credit card.
Old 11-19-2008, 04:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: 2robinhood

Well I guess I'll let the cat out of the bag.
It's been five days and I can't get Treewalker to even return multiple phone calls or even an e-mail.
Kind of suck, American made but no support.
I can always disput it on my credit card.
Well that sucks...I hate to hear that. I've heard lots of good things about them and their stands. I'll be buying a new climber next season...Treewalker was tops on my list at this point. Keep us posted on how that works out for you.
Old 11-19-2008, 04:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

HAHAHAHAHAHA!! I know its not funny but the reason I am laughing is because I believe I remember your thread about "looking for a new stand"!! I almost commented on my story about Treewalker stands!!

I also was looking into getting a new climber this year and was VERY VERY impressed with the Treewalkers so I emailed them with a few questions I had regarding there stands!! I waited and waited and waited and eventually emailed again and waited and waited, etc.... they finally got back to me AFTER A COUPLE WEEKS, by then I decided not to get a stand this year, but it definantely showed what kinda service I would get from these guys!! I believe I had this same talk with Michael P a few months back!!!

I AM SORRY FOR NOT TAKING THE TIME TO TELL YOU MY EXPERIENCE!!

Its kinda sad when you think about it though, I know its a small company but lets get real how many emails can they possibly get in a day?? If they want to ever make anything from themselves they need to get on the ball!!! I hope to hear better stories in the future as I "thought" they had a great product, but it definantely sounds like a lil mis-advertisement from what you describe!!!

I will give it this much, when they did finally get back with me they did answer most of my questions!!
Old 11-19-2008, 05:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lone Wolf Alpha hand climber.

Never weighed it (14lbs disclosed I think) but I've carried it on my back for literally 2-3 miles of all day hiking scouting without it even beginning to bug me. There are only 2 small things that I don't like about LW but overall it's head and shoulders above anything else I've owned. Cost was $329 iirc.
Old 11-19-2008, 06:13 PM

Loggy Bayou pro. Never had problems, and folds flat when you carry on your shoulders.
Old 11-19-2008, 06:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Hoytail Hunter

Lone Wolf Alpha hand climber.

Never weighed it (14lbs disclosed I think) but I've carried it on my back for literally 2-3 miles of all day hiking scouting without it even beginning to bug me. There are only 2 small things that I don't like about LW but overall it's head and shoulders above anything else I've owned. Cost was $329 iirc.
The Alpha hang-on is advertised as weighing12 1/2lbs. I've got the Assault which is advertised at 8 1/2lbs. Talk about light.