Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 New Hoyt Viper Tech >

New Hoyt Viper Tech

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New Hoyt Viper Tech

Old 08-08-2006, 07:15 PM

Default New Hoyt Viper Tech

I brought my bow into a local shop to have arrows cut for it and she turned up her nose and said "humph,, what made you buy a Hoyt???" From there on in she continued to treat me as I was some idiot and talked down to me. I was really unimpressed with her profesionalism. I probably wont be back unless I have pictures of a deer to give her that a "Hoyt" killed.
BTW she also said, lets get the chrony out to see how slow this Hoyt is.
After it clocked off 285, she walked outta the room and didnt have anything to say.

Old 08-08-2006, 07:19 PM

Default RE: New Hoyt Viper Tech

Dude, that's a SWEET rig!!!! My best buddy has one, and it is simply awesome!! You are going to enjoy that rascal.

Let me guess.....that shop sells Mathews??
Old 08-08-2006, 07:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Whoever the heck "she" is, I sure as heck wouldn't be back to see her!
Old 08-08-2006, 07:54 PM

Yeah Matthews Switchback, Diamond. She was like I dont know anybody that shoots a Hoyt, only people up North use them. That really showed her inteligence level. She did a good job at cutting and putting nocs on my arrows though! Even though I paid $75 for them and I could have ordered them for $50.
Old 08-08-2006, 07:56 PM

She's probably one of those people who worshipsthe "in" bowand hates everything else because of her lack of personal knowledge. Hoyt makes a great bow, don't let her rattle your cage. Like they say on that overplayed Primos commercial " The proof is in the freezer and on the wall at home."
Old 08-08-2006, 08:00 PM

It's like the Jeff Gordon Dale Earnhardt thing. If you root for one, you despise the other. I've noticed it's similar w/ Hoyt Mathews. It's sad, though. Shops lose a ton of credibility doing that. Look at your case. You'll not step foot in there again. They've lost a customer.
Old 08-08-2006, 08:10 PM

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

It's like the Jeff Gordon Dale Earnhardt thing. If you root for one, you despise the other.
Yup, Ford Vs. Chevy, Pepsi Vs. Coke, Bud Vs. Miller, Etc... Opinions are like bungholes, everyone has one. Like Mobow said, they lost a customer. Great job!
Old 08-08-2006, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

One of the best bows Ive ever shot honestly. Thats why I own one
Old 08-08-2006, 08:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just got a viper tec and it is a great bow. I love mine already and I have only shot it a few different times.
Old 08-08-2006, 10:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Often times, an uneducated dealer will say something like that because they don't have the distributorship rights in a given area... They don't know how to positively upsell their own line without attempting to run down the competition.

A drug rep friend of mine sells a hypertension (blood pressure) drug called Diovan. I was studying its competition, Micardis, for a job interview with an opposing pharma company. He told me all the Micardis reps tried to talk bad about Diovan to the docs, and they loved it because they spent more time talking about his drug than they did their own!

Quick Reply: New Hoyt Viper Tech

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.