Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Enigma site has been updated >

Enigma site has been updated

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Enigma site has been updated

Old 08-08-2006, 03:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Enigma site has been updated

I like the looks of it myself. I'm going to get some and give it a try. When I pop that booner this fall I'm sure many will follow my lead.
Old 08-08-2006, 03:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

From every thing that I have heard and all the communication I have read from the owner of Enigma,the fellow seems to be a top notch guy who is very concerned with a quality product and quality customer service.I really wish him well!From a pricing point of view,for the material used and the features included it is not relatively expensive.The grey wolf wolfskin in predator patterns with double knees and double seat is significantly more expensive.Having said that I own Grey wolf woolens clothing and I will being doing business with Jeff for a long time to come because of the quality of his product and the quality of his service.
Old 08-08-2006, 08:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have to agree about the photos. I've been fortunate enough to see this stuff first hand and it's different that it is in a photo. The contrast is amazing face to face. I saw Chucks boy put a jacket on and walk away and my eyes actually played tricks on me as he melted into a grass field. I really don't like the photos either. Being a camo junky I ordered pants, jacket and hat. I'll take photos of my own and I'll include Realtree, Mossy Oak, ASAT and Predator in the same settings.....that's what I'm interested in.

I also gave Chuck my feedback on the photos and he said that's all he had time for but the different contrasts of photos is amazing. Nobody offers that and tsoc is right, Chuck cares about what you have to say, what you can offer in criticism, suggestions, but not attacks.

The cost is very inexpensive compared to equal quality products. Wolfskin is not cheap in itself and Chuck is offering this camo/Wolfskin at a substantial decrease than you'll spend if you bought Predator in the same material from the manufacturer. He gets $200 for a pair of pants and Chucks is $100...that's half etc...the quality is unsurpassed and this camo WILL NOT FADE.... my last ASAT sure as heck did.

I agree that ASAT is a fantastic pattern, no doubt and I'll always say it, but the product is being degraded, not the pattern but the product. I know mine faded to almost unusability. (is that a word) I'll never doubt the ASAT as a pattern.

Like I said, I'm excited about putting Enigma through the tests I have with Realtree, MO, Predator and ASAT in the past. I'm still open minded to it at least until I use it, I take the photos and I see it on someone in a real world hunting situation. I'll keep my mind open and I trust Chuck's opinion and concept because after all, he was the main man behind ASAT and is responsible for where ASAT is today. If Chuck says he feels he has created the inception for a better pattern, I believe him. I'll keep my mind open and can't wait to play with the Enigma pattern.
Old 08-08-2006, 08:21 PM

I just emailed Chuck to order a set.
You can never have too much camo!
Old 08-08-2006, 08:29 PM

Well Rob, for Enigma's sake I hope you can do something better than what they've offered as far as test photos go.

I was just as excited as everyone when you guys announced Enigma. I figured we had something amazing coming out, something that would revolutionize the camo market.

I feel like I've been let down, big time.

From what I've seen so far, Enigma isn't worth the price.

As far as the material it's made from, I don't care if it's made out of silk and is more scent proof than anything on the market, I'm not paying that much for something I can get at half that price andthat I actually have faith in.
Old 08-08-2006, 11:44 PM

I'll stick with my Predator, thanks anyway!!
Old 08-09-2006, 05:42 AM

Well I've held off long enough on posting about Enigma. I personally feel the same way Rob feels about Enigma. I too have been working with Chuck, putting in my 2 cents. And I feel very strongly that this IS a great product and IS just as good if not better than ASAT and Predator. Anyone who has ever felt or had anything made out of Wolfskin knows it is some tough fabric.

I too plan on doing alot of testing for Chuck. Chuck currently is making a set of BDU Bibs for me. I will also be getting either a field shirt or Bowhunters jacket and of course a hat with that.

When I first saw Enigma I immediatly recognized it as a pattern that WILL be very effective. Yes I know maybe it was hyped too much and yes the test photos right now could be better, But I can assure you soon enough Chuck will have test photos in just about every concievable environment. Just give it time fellas. There is this saying that goes something like" Rome wasn't built in a day". So I guess what i'm asking you guys to to is Just Give Chuck a Chance. He more than Proved himself when working with ASAT and what would make you think anything different now that he has Enigma. I know $200 seems like alot today considering the rising cost of just about everything in this world, But alot of you guys go out and dump $800 on a bare bow with no accessories and turn around and but the latest and so-called greatest bow 1 or 2 years later. Spending $200 on something that will be in great shape 5,6,7 or heck maybe even 10years from now seems like a bargain to me. Remember the old addage you get what you pay for,well I'm sure you will get more than your money's worth out of set of Enigma Camo.
Old 08-09-2006, 05:58 AM
Dominant Buck

The camo I already have works well enough , I'll stick with it .
Old 08-09-2006, 06:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a set coming, and I hope it makes it here before I leave for Africa on the 21st. I'm with Rob also on the issue of ASAT fading.ASAT is a great pattern, but the product lacks longevity...I believe the "bang for the buck", in this gear, is in place! $2000 for the plane ticket to Africa. $300/day for the guide and accommodations. $1500 for the kudu bull (as well as other species). Stalking through thorns and "wait-a-minute" bushes in a cheap $50 set of camos that doesn't work....Brilliant! $100 for a trophy of a life time...makes plenty good sense to me!

I do a ton of spot and stalk hunting...it's pretty much the way I learned to hunt here in Colorado. No, camo cannot replace good woodsmen skills. However, with good skills and with the right camo, and I do mean the right camo,getting close is that much easier!I like what I'm seeing in this Enigma pattern. I look forward to using it on a regular basis throughout the world, and more importantly, in my backyard! I also feel I'm purchasing something that will last for many years. Moreover, I believe there is a guy behind this product that will not let any of us down. Especially,when it come to customer satisfaction! Try it...You'll see what I mean!

Give me a few weeks (I get back Sept 4th). I'll post my findings!
Old 08-09-2006, 06:55 AM

Concidering I believe camo is a complete waste for the hunting I do.........

And I pick my camo patterns to match my bow my nice blue eyes and to look good in pictures afterwards

I wont comment on the guy in the picture with the twizzler worms hanging off his shirt

Quick Reply: Enigma site has been updated

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.