Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

restringing

Old 08-07-2006, 11:00 AM

Default restringing

I have personally never had a bow restrung, usually dont keep one long enough. But I have been shooting my FX for 3 years and I love it, but lately my groups have really suffered and I have had it for 3 years. And it does get shot often, But my question is if I got it restrung could that restore some of the accuracy and speed? Thanks
Old 08-07-2006, 11:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: restringing

It could help merely from the standpoint of the string has probably stretched a lot, allowing the cam to get out of synch. Mathews punches a couple small holes in their cams, and if you drew an imaginary line through these holes, it should be parallel to the string. If it's not, some tweaking needs to be done to get it back right.

Regardless, after three years I think I would replace it. If you want to see some of the newer color combos that are possible out there, go to www.vaportrailarchery.com/strings.asp. They also make an exceptionally high-quality string for a fair price.