Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Restringing a bow. >

Restringing a bow.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Restringing a bow.

Old 01-27-2009, 12:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Restringing a bow.

I know this sounds bad, but i have never restrung a bow, the longest i have ever owned a bow was 3 years and still didn't get new a sting and cables put on it. So what I am getting at is, what do I all need to get. Also what is a good string, I have been looking at websites like winners choice, zebra, vapor trail...

My bow information is in my signature, but if you need to know more let me know.
[align=left] [/align]
Old 01-27-2009, 12:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Restringing a bow.

Check with Gibblet on the forums here. He makes Bucknasty bow strings and they are as good as you will get at a pro shop, little cheaper to boot last time I checked. He can also make your string and cables incustom colors and has all the different material choices available. I would suggest 452x for its "no creep" reliability. I am getting ready to order another set from him very shortly myself. Do a search on here, you will find plenty of satisfied customers shooting his product.

Shane
Old 01-27-2009, 01:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

There are several quality strings out there. I now use VaporTrail or BowTech OEM strings.

I am running a special on VaporTrail strings you can PM me for details

Dan
Old 01-27-2009, 03:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Most people opt for strings made out of 452X over 8125, but there are other options out there (Brownell Xcel and Ultracam are two popular ones as well). With that said, I only have experience with gibblet here. He made me a string/cable set for my old CR334 out of 452x, and I loved it! Send him a PM, he is very willing to answer any questions you may have, and frankly, he's good source of information on the subject for obvious reasons.
Old 01-27-2009, 03:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Huntinman23

I know this sounds bad, but i have never restrung a bow, the longest i have ever owned a bow was 3 years and still didn't get new a sting and cables put on it. So what I am getting at is, what do I all need to get. Also what is a good string, I have been looking at websites like winners choice, zebra, vapor trail...

My bow information is in my signature, but if you need to know more let me know.
[align=left][/align]
PM answered! Thanks!

Dan