Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 my trykon is going back to hoyt >

my trykon is going back to hoyt

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

my trykon is going back to hoyt

Old 08-04-2006, 03:34 PM
Typical Buck

Default my trykon is going back to hoyt

I just picked it up last friday. I had it in layaway and have been shooting it in the store. well it was a fairly cool morning and i thought i'd try out some broadheads. I get out the new toy and within 4 shots i had the string shocks fly off. ok no big deal i was going to take them off anyway to see the speed increase. two shots later thestring comes off the cam! I'm not happy. i go to the pro shop down the road where i bought it. tell them what happened. they thought i torqued my wrist or dry fired the bow. i did neither. not bragging but i have good shooting form. they put the string on and i go home. two more shoots, string off again. I'm really not happy. go back to the pro shop this time with my arrows in hand. tell them again. they put the string back on and we go to the range. the manager watches me shoot and in one shot the strings' off again. they call hoyt cause they have never seen this happen before on a hoyt. they have seen it all the time on MATHEWS. mathews has extremley thin metal in their cams and when the string comes off the camgets bent or shaves the metal off.
anyway...they are shipping my bow back to hoyt and i won't get it back till maybe early to mid september...my season starts Oct 1!!!!!!
good thing i still have my 6 year old trusty high country.

oh yeah, here's another odd thing about my trykon. it's set at 70lbs and it holds at 8lbs...do the math that's like 90% let off....it has 80% cams...hmmm
Old 08-04-2006, 03:41 PM

Default RE: my trykon is going back to hoyt

That stinks. I have never heard of such a thing happeing to any bow. Hope it gets back sooner than they say it will.
Old 08-04-2006, 03:47 PM
Site Bouncer

Sorry bout your bow,there has to be something wrong with the bow for it to sling strings like it's doing. Hoyt (as well as most of the well known bow manufactures) make good bows, I'm sure they will fix it right for you. This is a perfect example why a backup bow is so important.

Good Luck
Old 08-04-2006, 04:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

What the he$$ kind of name is Trykon anyways.75 years in the making, ya right. I'd tell them to either give me another or keep it.
Old 08-04-2006, 04:28 PM

Never heard of that. I'm surprised your dealer just doesn't put new cams on it and see if that worked. Hoyt will certainly cover his expense of the cams.
Old 08-04-2006, 04:38 PM
Typical Buck

what i think should happen is that i get a new bow, they send mine back to hoyt and hoyt either credits the store or ships them a new bow too. i don't think i should be stuck with it, but just like guns they are serial numbered, so they're like a virus, once you ge it you can't get rid of it.
Old 08-04-2006, 07:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

could be the letoff difference inthe cam when the hold weight is 8 lbsthat caused it since that is suspiscious (sp.)

Old 08-04-2006, 07:50 PM

Sorry to hear about that. Never heard of that, especially in a Hoyt.
Old 08-04-2006, 08:06 PM

they have seen it all the time on MATHEWS.
They know nothing about Mathews Also...............Let me guess they don't sell em

they are shipping my bow back to hoyt and i won't get it back till maybe early to mid september...my season starts Oct 1!!!!!!
They are a Pro-Shop right????? - why do they need to ship the bow back...........they got a press???
Old 08-04-2006, 08:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've never heard of that happening either. Not on a Hoyt OR a Mathews..
That is a bummer but I would not be afraid to shoot either brand bow and I think once they
fix it that will be it.. Or so I would hope..

Quick Reply: my trykon is going back to hoyt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.