Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 My how far we have come... >

My how far we have come...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My how far we have come...

Old 08-03-2006, 08:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My how far we have come...

i shot my polar ltd 80 model great condition and missed the target picked up the hoyt and bam bulls eye
Old 08-03-2006, 08:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

yeah the bows today are much much more forgiving i was shooting an old indian warhawk last year and was hunting with and this year i got a new new bow and the difference was night and day.The warhawk was 53 lbs and no let off. maybe 45 inches ata and my new bow has 70% letoff and 58lbs and 32 inches ata. Its hard to even hold that old bow back now after being used to let off
Old 08-03-2006, 09:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

i got my bow today...dad used to be a hard core bowhunter till about 15yrs ago...hasnt touched a bow since....i showed him mine..."holy crap! that is LIGHT....and SMALL!" "dad draw it back once" "O MY! that thing is SMOOOOTH....my gosh it has almost no weight and its 67lb draw!!" he was impressed....he said the same thing....how far bows came in just a little time.....i told him how EVERYTHING..EVEN the quiver mount soaks up vibration and the tec riser helps too...he was impressed.....(looked like the draw was perfect for him too which means im going to nudge him to shoot it!)
Old 08-04-2006, 10:29 AM
Typical Buck

Hey Mobo, I don't want you to feel like I am prying, but I just feel led to try and help. I studies alot about Pschycology, and honestly feel that have all the classic symptoms of a disorder known as " Mathews Envy". It is treatable and very easy to conquer. If you will allow me, please send me your address and I will get you the name of the nearest clinic ( aka Mathews dealer) to you, and you can get treatment. Usually all it takes is for you to take 1 to 2 shots..... from a Switcback XT and you will be totally cured!!
Old 08-04-2006, 01:56 PM
Fork Horn

Hey Mobo, I don't want you to feel like I am prying, but I just feel led to try and help. I studies alot about Pschycology, and honestly feel that have all the classic symptoms of a disorder known as " Mathews Envy". It is treatable and very easy to conquer. If you will allow me, please send me your address and I will get you the name of the nearest clinic ( aka Mathews dealer) to you, and you can get treatment. Usually all it takes is for you to take 1 to 2 shots..... from a Switcback XT and you will be totally cured!!
What he said....
Old 08-04-2006, 03:25 PM

Fellers, I appreciate your offer of help, Lord knows I could use it.....[&:] Just about a month ago, I went to a Mathews dealer w/ a friend of mine. He was bow shopping and wanted my opinion on bows, so I went. I took the Mathews challenge, and I can HONESTLY tell you I was simply not impressed, although it was certainly a fine shooting bow. Now, before ya'll even start, I went into it w/ an open mind. I've heard nothing but good things about them, and I had never shot one before so I honestly had no idea of what to expect. So, I shot it. It all but jumped out of my hand. No vibration at all, and it was certainly quiet, but it was slower than a 7 year itch. Oh, my buddy ended up buying an Elite. He wasn't happy w/ it, either. We have quite a few guys at the shop that shoot them although we aren't a dealer. Several wanted to compare speeds between a Switchback and a Trykon. EVERY one of those guys ended up royally ticked off because the Switchback was considerably slower than they were told. Guys, I'm not badmouthing or making this up. I saw it w/ my own eyes. Of the 5, 3 of them traded up fora Trykon. It is also quite possible that it was a dealer problem. The Mathews dealer they came from has quite a reputation for just selling bows, whether it's the right bow for the individual or not. And forget about setting it up properly. But it was enough to convince me, I'll not own one.

I hate to admit it, but the Switchback really is a good shooting bow. Like I said, I had to hang onto it, but it was actually pretty fun to shoot. The draw cycle could be a little smoother, but it wasn't bad, either.
Old 08-04-2006, 06:38 PM
Spike

Man I started my hunting career out with a Darton 40B. I was a sucker in Highschool and gave it to my girlfriend's little brother. Why does young love make you do such stupid stupid stupid things?