Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Need some ideas. >

Need some ideas.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Need some ideas.

Old 08-01-2006, 06:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Need some ideas.

Heres the situation. I have quite a bit of 1 inch tubing and some misc. steel laying around the farm, I was thinking about getting into videography this year to filma few bow hunts for myself and some friends. Hers what I want to do, I want to make a camera mount out of 1 inch tubing, and a piece of 4x6x2 hollow square steel plate. the 4x6x2 plate will need to be mounted to the 1 inch square tubing on a swivle that will mount to the 1 inch tubing which will then be either strapped or bolted to my Rivers EdgeAction DeluxLadder Stand (no longer mfgd)The inch tubing will mount paralell or on top of one of the side bars. If you look at a picture of my stand, google search it. It looks very similar to this http://www.ardisam.com/detail.aspx?ID=936only mine has a fold up/down seat. Any ideas would be helpful since there only 45 days left till opeining day.
Old 08-01-2006, 08:15 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Need some ideas.

Go buy one of those cheap($20) tripods, take the swivel head off of it, and you should be able to drill a hole in the rail on your stand and just attach the tripod head to it.... This would allow you to pivot and adjust the camera both horizontally and vertically. If your right handed put it on the right side and vice versa, so you can move it with your release hand. Also if it's on the right side, you should be able to still see the lcd screen regardless of where it's pointed.

Just a theory, I may not have any idea what I'm talking about though. But it's worth a shot, I think.