Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Good Old Mineral Site >

Good Old Mineral Site

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Good Old Mineral Site

Old 07-28-2006, 03:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Good Old Mineral Site

Ok, I went to a piece of woods I hunt to put up my Cuddeback. I have never put it in this woods. I was not sure where to put it. After walkin to a few spotsI walked to a spot that I used to put mineral blocks out every spring for about 5 years. I hadn't put a block there in about 4-5 years, because of CWD we can't use any kind of bait. Even if you don't hunt over it. I couldn't believe it, the spot was dug almost 2 feet into the ground on one endand was as wide as 12 feet. Kind of oval shaped. There were fresh tracks in the mud, so I know they are hitting that spot right now. So, it was a no brainer. I put my camera up and walked about 40 yards and jumped a big buck. He was bedded with a doe, and laid there watching me fiddle with my camera. When they got up I took a couple of quik steps to get a better look as they ranaway. Out of the weeds flusheda Tom and a Hen with about 6 little ones. The 2 adults flew, but I almost tripped on the little ones. I was high steppin to avoid them like runningtires for a football drill. They were all right under my size 14 boots. Its like I was walking on hot coals, my feet hardly touched the ground.Now, I'm a pretty big guy, 6'4" 240 lbs. I didn't know I was that agile anymore. I'm sure I looked pretty stupid.Well, nowI want to check my camera, but will have to wait another 3 weeks to check it when I will be in that area again.Its driving me nuts for waiting.
Old 07-29-2006, 05:18 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Good Old Mineral Site

That's funny . It would have been neat if someone had a video cam on you while all this was happening .
Old 07-31-2006, 09:52 PM

very good story and i bet you will have some good pics to share with all of us
Old 08-01-2006, 05:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Darn you I told you over and opver and over again stay the heck out of my woods.