Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Washington Archery Regs ? >

Washington Archery Regs ?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Washington Archery Regs ?

Old 07-23-2006, 07:44 PM

Default Washington Archery Regs ?

I have an archery elk hunt scheduled for Sept in Washington. I was reviewing the regs and noticed a change from the 2005 regs. In 2005 the reg stated that it was illegal to have more than 65% let off, in the new 2006 reg it does not say anything about the maximum let off allowed. Is this a change this year, or simply an accidental omission? It also states (both years) that it must be a 40 lb draw weight at 28 inches. I only have a 28 inch draw length. So even when I have my bow (60 lb draw) at full draw with the let of at 65%, I am only holding 39 lbs. I wanted to adjust the let off to 85%, but not if I'm going to be breaking the law. Any enlightenment, advise or help is appreciated.
Old 07-24-2006, 12:29 PM

Default RE: Washington Archery Regs ?

I'm in Washington. I can't answer your question because this will be my first year bowhunting and I know I've got to be within the regulations with only a 50% letoff on my bow. My suggestion would be to contact Washington Fish & Game Department at this address and ask your question. [email protected]

Good luck on the upcoming hunt. There are a few good elk areas here...hope your tag is for one of them.
Old 07-27-2006, 07:18 PM

I am pretty sure that there is no let off restriction any more.
Old 07-28-2006, 03:23 PM

Washington and Oregon both repealed the 65% letoff rule this year. That makes Idaho the only state left with that requirement.

Here is the Wa Link.

-- FLIX