Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Throw the drunk off the dream season show >

Throw the drunk off the dream season show

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Throw the drunk off the dream season show

Old 07-19-2006, 12:20 PM
Fork Horn

Default Throw the drunk off the dream season show

That guy was rough last night. Takes away from the show...Last night it was just as bad as all the other reality TV shows. Let the Penn guy choose another partner and restore some dignity to the Drury's show
Old 07-19-2006, 12:30 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Throw the drunk off the dream season show

I second that. That guys is a ##@@$$%. I can't believe the Drury guys put up with that crap on their show. They are always so straight and always promotinggood shots, morals, family, scent elimination and most of all ethics of hunting. This guys stayed up all night and got blitzed and wanted to climb in the tree and hunt while he was still drunk? Maybe we'll see next show what the Drury's do about it.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:34 PM
Fork Horn

I caught the show last night and was really surprised that they would show that guy and refer to him going out "drinking" all night. He was a real A$$ and I felt sorry for his partner. I think that the Drury's should have come in and made it known that there is no place in the woods for a drunk and sent him home. It would have also been funny if the outfitter had kicked him out of camp. I am also wondering how these two have been friends for so long and he didn't know this guys habits. It wasn't the first time this guy went out drinking, I guarantee that. I'm still pissed at that guy.

Mike
Old 07-19-2006, 12:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I missed it last night, but its hard to kick a guy off a show that was filmed lsat year.
Old 07-19-2006, 01:11 PM
Typical Buck

I will agree with you guys. If you read my post on the thread started by one of Team Illinois, you will see that I said that I really didn't like Team Penns. right from the get go. Right from the beginning of the very first show, they were whining that team Illinois shouldn't be on the show because of the music the used on their video that they sent in. Then as the show went on I liked them even less. Especially the little guy, who turns out to be a drunk! Nobody else has mentioned what he said earlier in the show, and maybe you guys didn't catch it. But right before they had the shoot off with Tam Ill. at the pop up targets, the drunk made a comment about being in bad shape because , and I quote, " I partied like a rock star all night." Right then I thought to myself that he must be an idiot, getting a chance like that to become a member of Drury Outdoors Pro staff, and a chance to win that competition, and he can't lay off the partying? Then he turns around the next night and drinks all night and wants to go out hunting? What a fool. I was disappointed that the Drury boys didn't kick him off the show right then and there. That doesn't promote hunting in a positive way at all. I gaied some respect for his partner from his reaction to it. That was cool of him to refuse to go out in a stand with someone who was obviously still pretty shot. I wish that they would let him get a new partner and continue on. That little guy turned out to be the weasel I thought he was.
I know it was mentioned that the one Penn. guy had to know his buddy was like that. Ya never know, maybe he demanded that the little guy not drink while there, and he agreed not to. Then he brike his promise when the brew started flowing. I don't know. I know that they are adults and have a right to drink, but I was dissapointed that Mark and Terry would let them even have alcohol there during the taping. Just my opinion. Again, just not a good representation to me.
I am anxious to see what happens to him next week. Like the guy from Kentucky said, they spotted the positive and the negative, and Team Penns. was definitely the neagative.
The member from Penns. here said on his last post that all the other teams had issues with the guys from Penn.
Can't wait until next week!!
Old 07-19-2006, 01:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I guess Mark and Terry are now going for shock value. I was very dissapointed. I too thought that it would have been funny if the outfitter would've told him to take his buttto bed and sleep it off before he could hunt.
Old 07-19-2006, 01:39 PM

Hello all..This is the second half of Team Illinois- buckthumper..I have been on here for a long time, but new toposting on the site. Anyway, hope you enjoyed the show last night. I really don't think I need to explain my thoughts on the topic, the show did a pretty good job of doing that last night! Glad to see many of you are watching the show, as JJ already mentioned, we would really appreciate the minute it takes to vote on druryoutdoors.com. You guys are our target audience, and you get to make the final decision!! Thanks again for all your kind words!
Old 07-19-2006, 01:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

True...he makes us PAers look bad.
Old 07-19-2006, 01:51 PM

Couldn't agree more about the little fella with the big mouth from team Penn. During the shooting competition, he's hootin' and hollerin' in the opponent's ear after every miss. This guy showed very little class after their win.

If I'm not mistaken, there were several of the team's partying on last year's Dream Season. In fact, there were a couple of contestants nodding off in the stand. I don't know if they were drinking though.

I seriously doubt this guy was up all night drinking and partying like a rock star all by himself. Although, that is the picture that Drury painted for us to see. There were many other story linesDrury could have followed that evening, but they chose mighty mouth. I'm anxious tosee how they deal with the situation.Drury Production could losecredibilityin some of it's viewer's eyes ifthey don't tone this guy down alittle.

Old 07-19-2006, 02:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just sent them a e-mail to let them know that I didn't like it. The only good thing about it is at least that guy isn't from WV.[:-]

Quick Reply: Throw the drunk off the dream season show

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.