Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Whisker Biscuit making noise??? >

Whisker Biscuit making noise???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whisker Biscuit making noise???

Old 07-26-2006, 11:32 AM

Default RE: Whisker Biscuit making noise???

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

There is no cable on the 2000 RG. You must have bought the 2000. Just a few more dollars and your WB days would have been over. Do you want me to order you one?
I think it was a 4000 actually.........aren't the RG for Mathews bows only?

That thing was such a piece of junk I doubt I would ever consider a NAP rest again. It had multiple problems. Glad you like the one you have.
Old 07-26-2006, 11:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

I see your confused on which Nap rest you have delt with. Would you like me to order you one that I know would work well for you? I like to help a fellow hunter all I can when he is pondering upgrading his equipment. Are you still going to buy the Bowtech? I need to know what I am dealing with here.
Old 07-26-2006, 11:49 AM
Banned

Absolutely no noise with a Trophy Taker. When the bow is actually shot the launcherarm is lowered by the buss cable and this allows a no noise release. Moleskin on the launcher is pretty simple. No noise; period. NONE!!!! HCHP.S. Did I mention that the Trophy Taker is absolutely quiet?
Old 07-26-2006, 12:11 PM

ORIGINAL: SBGobblers

Atlas.....The only problem I have with YOU (not the WB)...is you seem to be calling me a liar. I was the only one in the woods the morning I got busted (well...me and the deer....and they ain't talkin).....and I say the only noise that could be heard when I was 27 ft away from my buck.....was the Radial X-Weave being dragged across the WB.

I am not syaing you are a liar............I just think you are wrong. There is absolutely NO way you can know for sure what spooked that deer. You have fixated on a perceived sound as the scapegoat. Having heard that "sound" thousands of times myself and been personally involved in the killing of 15 deer in the last 3 years all by WB's (6 first hand) I tend to think it was something else. Not a liar........just mistaken.

I've been hunting for 30 years. I've been humbled MANY, MANY times. I've done things in the duck blind (former AVID duck hunter) that had my LAB calling me a dumbaxx.....and I'm a big enough MAN to admit when I'm wrong (and for the record....I've never done anything but say the WB is a GREAT rest....and that I still haveit on my son's bows). Marriageand being afather hastaught melessons in humility. Believe me.....if something else had spooked my buck that morning....I'd tell you. For you to NOT BE THERE and have a crystal understanding of what went on.....is the only thing that's impossible. I wouldn't insult you by stating I knew what went on in YOURtreestand.....from another state.
Not trying to insult you...........I'm trying to help other people. This year will be my 20th in the woods so I have seen eaten more then my fair share of humble pie as well. My lab is the king of dumbaxxes so if he ever gives me that look I am in trouble

I think you are sending out a bad message to people that read what you type on these boards. I'm sorry, but you have to be aware that young impressionable first timers are reading when you write that a WB made noise and cost you a buck and you were so upset you ripped off your rig THAT DAY!! That is not a mild critique..........that is pretty harsh........and strong enough words to scare off someone who was considering that rest.

Once again........it has nothing to do with like or dislike. I don't care if you LOVE the WB or you HATE it. I care only about the truth. I don't push WB's on anyone. I don't start threads saying how great it is and everyone should buy one. If someone asks I tell them the truth.......in my experience it is a GREAT hunting rest and I recommend it highly. I will pop in and correct misinformation when I see it though.......because I believe it does a diservice to those that are not well informed on their own and may be taking those words as the truth. No different then if someone posted a thread saying you should jump down from your stand and run after a deer you just shot..........EVERYONE would freak out and make sure no one mistakenly followed that poor advice..........why??? Because it is not true. Same thing. That is why I post on carbon clothing threads when I see a poor young kid about to plunk down his hard earned cash on something he believes will do all the magical things he sees in the ads on TV. Maybe he never had a chemistry class..........or doesn't even know what carbon is or how it works. I don't like seeing people lead astray by misinformation.

And yes....I have to put a small bit of moleskin on my rest (samerest as Motown, BTW).....but it's an easy fix. I've only had to apply it once....and it's had at least a thousand arrows slung throughit.
So you traded one "loud" rest for another.........one you chose to modify, and one you didn't. I (and everyone I know) have thousands of shots through our WB and never had to modify them at all.

I SINCERELY wish you and you brother/friends a VERY successful season.Again...I am GLAD the WB works for you.

Jeff
Thanks.............and the same for you and your son of course.

Why do they call that thing a "Shakey" hunter?? Doesn't exactly stir up the confidence with that label

What am I talking about??..........You gotta be pretty careful when searching for "Whisker biscuits" on the internet
Old 07-26-2006, 12:14 PM

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

I see your confused on which Nap rest you have delt with.
I am?

Would you like me to order you one that I know would work well for you?

After seeing how poorly the last one I had was made I don't know if that is possible.

I like to help a fellow hunter all I can when he is pondering upgrading his equipment.
I'm not.............and from what I have seen it would be a down grade.

Are you still going to buy the Bowtech?
Not if I don't find someone willing to let me shoot an Equalizer first.
Old 07-26-2006, 12:22 PM

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

Absolutely no noise with a Trophy Taker.

What were all those USER reviews about then?? They all universally put noise as a factor in their write up. If there is no noise why would they do that?

When the bow is actually shot the launcherarm is lowered by the buss cable and this allows a no noise release.

All those USER reviews are lying then?

Moleskin on the launcher is pretty simple. No noise; period. NONE!!!!
Too bad you have to modify your rest to make it quiet enough to hunt with..........I wouldn't want to have to worry about my point of impact changing if the moleskin gets wet or freezes or gets snagged on a twig and pulls loose.............combine all that with a bunch of moving parts and no arrow containment................YUK.

P.S. Did I mention that the Trophy Taker is absolutely quiet?
Yea, I read that.................then I read about 100 reviews that said it isn't.

Old 07-26-2006, 12:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hi Atlasman,
I use the WB myself and am not looking to change that.
I was new to bowhunting last year. The WB was my first rest. The day i brought the bow home a friend and I were trying it out. He is an experienced bowhunter so I asked him to help me learn to usemy bow.

After the first few shots he said to me that he could hear the arrow dragging against the WB. Granted he was only maybe 8-10 feet from me. I also heard it but wasn't sure if it was something a new WB did and would eventually go away. It never did.

We were doing this in my yard in an area that has some pouplation and he could here it from 8 feet. SBGobblers was only 9 yards from his deer. If my friend could hear the noise from 8 feet in a neighborhood it is possible that the deer could hear it from 27 in the quiet woods.

Now, that being said. I also read on hear last year that others were having noise issues with Camo shafts. I swithed to the black shafts and the noise level has been reduced tremendously. Is there still a slight noise? sure but I can barely hear it.

Now that there is no noise I think the rest is great and wouldnt switch to another. I can tell you though with certainty that there was a noise with my first set of arrows that was loud enough for me and my hunting friendto be concerned about a deer hearing it.

Dan
Old 07-26-2006, 12:40 PM
Dominant Buck

That's ALL I've EVER said there was, Danny/Atlas.

That's ALL.

Thanks.

Jeff
Old 07-26-2006, 01:55 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: atlasman

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

Absolutely no noise with a Trophy Taker.

What were all those USER reviews about then?? They all universally put noise as a factor in their write up. If there is no noise why would they do that?If an arrowmakes noise drawing acrossmoleskin I will buy you and everybody else a drink. My wallet is safe.HCH

When the bow is actually shot the launcherarm is lowered by the buss cable and this allows a no noise release.

All those USER reviews are lying then?What they are saying isthat ifyou play with the launcher with your finger and move it to the launch positionand release it you will hear a noise; this noisewon't happen when a bow is drawn and shot as the buss cable is lowering it as the bow is fired. You can not hear a Trophy Takermake a noisewhen a bow is drawnor fired; and that is a FACT.HCH

Moleskin on the launcher is pretty simple. No noise; period. NONE!!!!
Too bad you have to modify your rest to make it quiet enough to hunt with..........I wouldn't want to have to worry about my point of impact changing if the moleskin gets wet or freezes or gets snagged on a twig and pulls loose.............combine all that with a bunch of moving parts and no arrow containment................YUK. No point of impact change and not getting snagged on a twig and no bunch of moving parts. I would hate to think what freezing rain would do to all of those bristles on a WB. A million frozen bristles or a 1/8'' piece of moleskinfroze; that's a no brainer as to which will provide better arrow flight. HCH

P.S. Did I mention that the Trophy Taker is absolutely quiet?
Yea, I read that.................then I read about 100 reviews that said it isn't. You are mistaking the 10,000 ones that are on here week after week complaining about their WB
HCH

Old 07-26-2006, 03:53 PM
Site Bouncer

Atlas and I must have magical Whisker Biscuits because neither of ours:

1. damage our fletchings,
2. Slow our arrows down more that 1-2fps,
3. make enough noise to be even slightly worried about even the closest of shots.

And all of that with NO additional materials needed.....just put it on the bow and ADJUST IT CORRECTLY.

Never have to worry about it or adjust it or worry about something breaking...nothing. If fact, it's become the most consistant and reliable part on my bow!

SBGobblers,

Don't take this the wrong way but I too think you are mistaken, While you may have been hunting for 30 years, I believe last year was your first bow hunting for deer. After a few more years with a bow in your hand you will realize that perhaps it could have been something else that spooked that deer.

I also think that you are projecting the wrong message to new bow hunters about the Whisker Biscuit rest. There is no way you could have known for sure what spooked that deer....no way.

Quick Reply: Whisker Biscuit making noise???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.