Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bow break in

Old 01-12-2002, 06:29 PM

Default Bow break in

How long should I expect my bow to take to "break the string and cables in" and also are there any adjustments I should anticipate? I probably dont have 250 shots on my new Vortec .Im shooting better than I have in a long time and I really dont want any surprises. Thanks in advance.......hill
Old 01-12-2002, 06:46 PM

Default RE: Bow break in

Hillhntr,
I would say that generally, 300 shots will break the bow in. Some will give you a different opinion, but this is average. I bought a 2001 Vortec brand new last year, and to tell you the truth, the string never stretched enough to make a difference. In other words, I have over 5000 shots on my Vortec, and I have never had to re-adjust anything. I have had others tell me that they did have to make slight adjustments though. Hope this helps.
Old 01-13-2002, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bow break in

depends on the string and cable material, but I agree for the most part 300 shots should do it. After that many I will begin bow tuning, but not before.

TAKE YOUR KIDS HUNTING AND YOU WON'T BE HUNTING FOR YOUR KIDS