Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Reflex Highlander? >

Reflex Highlander?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Reflex Highlander?

Old 07-11-2006, 05:23 PM

Default Reflex Highlander?

I finally have a job that will allow me to buy myself a new bow, and I have started shopping around. While I was in Denver last weekend I was looking at the bows at Bass Pro Shop and ran across the Reflex Highlander. It seemed like a good bow for a good price to me, but I'm no expert in the area so I figured I had better ask some of you what you think about it. It will be used to hunt elk, mule deer, whitetails, ect. I'm looking to get a bow in the 60-70# draw range, and I'd like to spend less than $500. Also, are there any other bows you recommend I look at? I want to get a bow that is a good value- I'm a college student so money is definately an issue. Thanks in advance.
Old 07-11-2006, 05:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Reflex Highlander?

thats the bow i am getting ready to order here this week or in 2 weeks depending on pay day lol. i wont lie i havent shot ANY bow. ive felt and drawn atleast 5 diffrent makes and i liked the feel of the reflex the best. and when it came down to the reflex line they ALL felt good. the grizzly felt a hair long ATA. the Highlander felt best in my hands. im ordering through huntersfriend.com because its my first bow and i need it ALL, and i want a good rig that is solid and reliable and also pretty good. 555 with everything i think its a good deal. cant wait to have it here!! i hoping i can order this week but i dont know if i can swing it or not, we will see
Old 07-11-2006, 05:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

well there are some great bows for under 500 so here are some suggestions

reflex- highlander,buckskin and dont leave out the excursion

PSE-Typhoon and theres 1 or 2 more

browning-F5 Tornado

look at the darton and pearson line also check out the red head brand bows
Old 07-11-2006, 06:35 PM

IMVHO.....the Reflex Highlander is the BEST bow for the money out there! You will not be disappointed w/ it, I promise.
Old 07-11-2006, 06:44 PM

i agree mo. all the reflex bows are nice but for the money the highlander is the best
Old 07-11-2006, 06:47 PM

I went through a similar situation last spring, looking for a quality bow for under $500. I shot the Highlander, and it looked like a very quality bow for the money. I ended up buying the Reflex Super Slam. It has a little shorter axle-to-axle length (for better or worse, depending on your preference) and it had a nicer grip on it. The Super Slam typically sells for about $490. I would also check out the Hoyt Lazertec. It feels pretty similar to the Super Slam and you should be able to buy one for about $460 or so. These are all quality bows for the money, and they will all work fine for all of the animals you mentioned. Ultimately, it should come down to personal preference and which feels the best to shoot. I would recommend going to a local Hoyt / Reflex dealer and shooting all of these bows and go with the one that you like best.
Old 07-12-2006, 09:44 PM

thanks for the input guys. i really appreciate it.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:24 PM

I bought my first bow and it is the Highlander. I love it , smooth and quiet! I can't wait for Sept 30th to come!!!! Good luck with your bow purchase