Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 reflex highlander >

reflex highlander

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

reflex highlander

Old 03-26-2006, 11:42 AM
Fork Horn

Default reflex highlander

I’m looking at buying a new hunting bow and I found this Reflex Highlander. Does anyone have one and what are the pros or cons of this bow or the reflex brand? Is its draw fairly smooth, any vibration or hand shock? It looks like it would be a good shooter generous brace height and a 36” ata is it as good as Hoyt at a better price. I’m not looking for barn burning speed most all of my shots are 20 yards or less a 30 yard shot is rare in the thick stuff I hunt in. any advice you can give would be appreciated thanks mike

The all-new Reflex Highlander features a radiused alloy TEC riser design that is state-of-the-art. It comes standard with machined aluminum pockets that house the durable and dependable Reflex Split Limbs and is powered by the Slam & 1/2 System. It’s a great combination of speed, smoothness and accuracy every bowhunter desires, at a price you can afford
Old 03-26-2006, 11:53 AM

Default RE: reflex highlander

BH, REFLEX IS MADE BUY HOYT THE BW YOUR LOOKING AT IS A GREAT BOW, , THE HIGHLANDER IS TAKING PLACE OF THE REFLEX GRIZZ WHICH IS THE BOW I BOUGHT LAST SEASON YOU CANT GO WRONG FOR THE PRICE ,LOOK AT SOMEOLDER POST FROM BUTCH, HE MIGHT SEE THIS BUT HE HAPPY WITH HIS BOW ,HOPE THIS HELPS,
Old 03-26-2006, 12:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Read my full review on the Reflex Highlander....

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1449496

In a short, quick, summary: THIS BOW ROCKS!!! [8D]

Old 03-26-2006, 05:59 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the help with this bow. I shoot in a dart league and a kid that shoots for Hoyt through a pro shop was pushing to spend the extra money for a Hoyt bow. I have been looking and can’t find any info about the difference in the 2 company’s bows. I think it has something to do with the limb pockets does this sound right? And is it a big deal worth the 200$ extra it would cost me. I would buy a Hoyt as he recommended but with my daughter heading off to college this fall I need to watch my money
Old 03-26-2006, 06:17 PM

I shot my friends new Highlander, and man it was sweeeet! Thought about selling my Bowtech and getting one.However I love Bowtech bow,but for the price.One of the best deals going!
Old 03-26-2006, 06:35 PM
Fork Horn

Good news Good news! I have a bid on my bowtech on e-bay and it still has 5+ days to go. I think I’m heading out to get a close up look at this bow and take it for a test drive I think I have found my next bow. if its as good as everyone says. No vibration or hand shock, somewhat fast, smooth to draw. As long as the grip feels good in my hand (I prefer a small throat grip) I will be looking to place an order