Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Taxidermist - How long should it take? >

Taxidermist - How long should it take?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Taxidermist - How long should it take?

Old 07-11-2006, 08:34 PM

Default RE: Taxidermist - How long should it take?

I shot mine on Oct. 29 got it to the taxidermist on Nov. 3 and was told to not expect a phone call until at least the beginning of August. BTW i also did not pay in full up front the deal was half when i gave him the deer half when i get it back. Hes a great guy and i sent alot of business his way but you never want to rush an artist.

Old 07-11-2006, 08:54 PM

I used to do this as a hobby. It does take time to do the mount. If he has to send it out for tanning it can take 3 or 4 months to get it back from the tanner and if not it will take sever weeks to tan it in shop. The hide takes a long time to flesh and it also takes time to mount and dry. I now have the work done. The last bobcat I had mounted took about a year to get back. I would call once or twice a month to check in and see. Sometimes they are busy and forget to call. A Coyote took several months to have tanned and a deer took about a year. I am proud of them though.[/i]
[/i]

Old 07-11-2006, 09:00 PM

ORIGINAL: CoyoteHowler

Nice bobcat! What's that he's trying to catch, a wood duck?
Old 07-11-2006, 09:21 PM

A hooded merganser I took on a pond during duck season. Only the second I have ever taken. I have seen these ducks occasionally on other ponds.[/i]
Old 12-27-2018, 08:35 PM
Spike

took 2 1/2 months for my bull. AWESOME work. Tannery should take 2 to 3 months, give 2 weeks for ordering the form.
couple days for drying. More than 6 months is completely unacceptable. I would get my money back and find a new taxidermist.