Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Taxidermist - How long should it take? >

Taxidermist - How long should it take?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Taxidermist - How long should it take?

Old 07-11-2006, 01:11 PM

Default RE: Taxidermist - How long should it take?

You're lucky. I still haven't gotten my '03 or my '04 bucks back. Been calling and leaving messages but never get a call back. I know his shop is still there but it's never open when I go by. I just have a bad feeling.
Old 07-11-2006, 01:24 PM
Super Moderator

I have a good taxidermist who doesnt do a ton of mounts. It took me 3 months to get mine back...
Old 07-11-2006, 02:15 PM

Usually takes mine a little over a year to a year and a half so looks like you're not too far off. I've heard of a guy close by that gets 'em back in 6 months, but I have to question the quality of the mount on that short of a turn around time.
Old 07-11-2006, 02:16 PM

ORIGINAL: G2 Shooter

You're lucky. I still haven't gotten my '03 or my '04 bucks back. Been calling and leaving messages but never get a call back. I know his shop is still there but it's never open when I go by. I just have a bad feeling.
Yea I would too[&o]
Old 07-11-2006, 03:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know a guy that takes way too long...3-4 years. I no loger go to him. 1 - 1.5 years is all it should really take.
Old 07-11-2006, 03:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

My taxidermist was arrested for fraud, he was taking the animals and downpayments and never doing the work...I have a Rio Grand turkey with him now I have to wait for the hearings to see if I can get it back.
Old 07-11-2006, 04:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

13 months is an acceptable amount of time to wait as far as I'm concerned. A taxidermist pushing animals out any faster isn't as busy as the others. Anything over 13 months and the taxidermist is either lazy or taking on more than he can chew.
Old 07-11-2006, 06:02 PM

ORIGINAL: Might Mite

I know a guy that takes way too long...3-4 years. I no loger go to him. 1 - 1.5 years is all it should really take.
Thats how long it is for my taxidermist. He does good work but that really is a long time to wiat. He took almost 2 years for my dads walleye. After this buck I'm looking for a new taxidermist.
Old 07-11-2006, 07:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

i gave mine up too the taxi htat does it for his family and ours (very good famil y friend) and i still havent go tit back but i am not worried it wont cost me nothin to get my 8 point mounted
Old 07-11-2006, 08:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've used a couple, shortest time was 3 months and longest 8 months. If you haven't got a 2003 or 04 buck back, then that just smells wrong.

Quick Reply: Taxidermist - How long should it take?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.