Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How long does your Taxidermist take? >

How long does your Taxidermist take?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How long does your Taxidermist take?

Old 08-15-2004, 07:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default How long does your Taxidermist take?

My buddy just got his back.. it would have been three years this october.

My nephew has a buck he shot in 2000, same year I shot one I hung. Got mine back in a Year.. He still Dont have his.. Its gonna be FOUR fricken years... NOW THAT RIDICULOUS..

I know of a couple other guys that have deer or fish there that is goin on four + years
Old 08-15-2004, 07:34 PM

Default RE: How long does your Taxidermist take?

THAT IS RIDICULOUS!!! I SHOT MY BUCK IN DEC 2003 AND I SHOULD BE GETTING IT BACK IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS. I THOUGHT I HAD A LONG WAIT. HOW MUCH ARE YOU PAYING FOR YOUR MOUNTS UP THERE? I'M PAYING 339.00 FOR MINE.
Old 08-15-2004, 07:42 PM

i had a fish i got mounted and it took 2 years i dont remember how much i paid though.
Old 08-15-2004, 07:47 PM

YEAH I DON'T THINK I'M GOIN TO COMPLAIN ANY MORE ABOUT MY TAXIDERMIST. HE DOES DO A GREAT JOB THOUGH.
Old 08-15-2004, 07:48 PM

The taxidermist who mounts all of my deer does several hundred mounts each year, and even he has a much better turn around then the taxidermist mentioned above. He dosent start mounting deer until after the deer season is completly over, but the earlier in the season you kill your deer the earlier you will get it back. The last buck I took to him I killed the last week of November, I had the buck hanging in my trophy room april of that same year. I pay about $500 per shoulder mount, but this guy is one of the best in the state.
Old 08-15-2004, 07:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

We pay 350 a shoulder mount...

This guys has RACKS and RACKS hangin from the rafters in his back room, just waiting to be mounted.. This guy is at his Studio 40 hours a week... I dont know what he does.. BUT IT TAKES FOREVER... Although, I've been told if you give him extra money he'll get it back faster.. HMMMMMMMMM

Kinda frickin ridiculous if you ask me.. HE DOES DO EXCELLENT WORK THOUGH... People bring stuff from hours and hours away..

But this year, if i shoot a hanger, I'm bringing somewhere else.... somewhere in wisconsin... Prolly Rhinehart..
Old 08-15-2004, 07:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

it takes 1 year here in central illinois by a guy in glassford. he does a really good job too.
Old 08-15-2004, 07:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Let's see.......the oldest one i have at the taxiderist is coming up at 2 years at the end of october. He charges $500 and can upgrade the eyes to have whites in the eyes. That really looks good. So $530. Think I should stop in and see how it comming. I chose him because he's that good and he said up front it would be 1 1/2 to 2 years.

Good Luck!
Old 08-15-2004, 08:03 PM

HOW MUCH OF A DEPOSIT DO YOU NORMALLY HAVE TO PAY OR DO YOU HAVE TO PAY IT ALL UP FRONT? I HAVE TO PAY A 100 DOLLAR DEPOSIT HERE AT CARTER'S TAXIDERMY.
Old 08-15-2004, 08:05 PM

Mine took 14 months but I'm happy with it. $400 plus tax.

Quick Reply: How long does your Taxidermist take?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.