Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 WalMart stuff vs Proshop stuff? >

WalMart stuff vs Proshop stuff?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

WalMart stuff vs Proshop stuff?

Old 07-11-2006, 07:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default WalMart stuff vs Proshop stuff?

Over the past several years I have not been able to find a good pro shop close to my house. As a result, I have purchased broadheads from WalMart. 100 gr. Muzzy 3 blade.I have been using Muzzy's for years and the durability is what has sold me on them.Since I havebeen buying the WalMart Muzzies, I have noticed that they do not hold up as well. The break, bend or simply fall apart.

Are the products that I buy at my pro shopdifferent than what WalMart carries??
Old 07-11-2006, 07:16 AM

Default RE: WalMart stuff vs Proshop stuff?

Ican't imaginethat there is adifference between the two.... But if there is, that's just one more reason for me not to go to Wally World.

Tim
Old 07-11-2006, 07:46 AM
Dominant Buck

A Muzzy is a Muzzy. Are you absolutel sure you're buying a Muzzy or knock off. I never saw them in our Walmart. Of course, our Walmarts in Maryland(home of the Pinko Liberals) doesn't carry much in the line of hunting. They're really sorry. I go there for Lens cleaner and that's about it.
Old 07-11-2006, 07:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

A Muzzy is a Muzzy. Are you absolutel sure you're buying a Muzzy or knock off. I never saw them in our Walmart. Of course, our Walmarts in Maryland(home of the Pinko Liberals) doesn't carry much in the line of hunting. They're really sorry. I go there for Lens cleaner and that's about it.
Yes I am sure I am buying a muzzy. I have been buying them for over 10 years now.

I also thought a muzzy was a muzzy until I had two years of poor performance. I am going to loog on the back of the packages to see if I can tell any difference.

I have had people tell me that WalMart squeezes the manufactures so much that they have to create a line of products....cheaper products....designed just for WalMart.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:00 AM
Super Moderator

WalMart sells 2nd's. They have for a long time. I have seen countless problems with any equipment purchased there. I have a relative that works for WM management and he has verified my suspicions many times. I will not buy important nor expensive stuff there.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:06 AM
Dominant Buck

I'm surprised that Muzzy would allow their defective heads to be sold. I'm not too sure about that. I'd want to hear it from Muzzy before I believed it. Why in the heck would a company allow their name to be associated with a defective/inferior product when there name is built on "Bad to the Bone". I'm not buying this. I emailed Muzzy. We'll see if they respond.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:22 AM
Super Moderator

I am with David on this, but who knows for sure? I have been told before that for example, a Sony television carried at Walmart is not the same quality as the same model Sony sold in an electronics store. Again I don't know.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:26 AM

I refuse to buy anything from Walmart. They put good people out of business and ruin communities. Seen it with my own eyes. Support the little guys!
Old 07-11-2006, 08:27 AM
Fork Horn

I'm also with david mil on this. If they were to sell inferior heads anywhere it would carry over to proshop and everywhere. In this competetive world once the word is out on shoddy merchandise, it is hard to get the consumers confidence back.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:29 AM

I use to buy stuff from WalMart but I havent in months now. I just can't stand that place anymore. I would NEVER buy anything like broadheads or anything for my bow from WalMart. The only hunting stuff I ever bought there was maybe a new camo hat or hunting gloves. Everything I get comes from a good pro shop now.

Quick Reply: WalMart stuff vs Proshop stuff?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.