Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 WalMart stuff vs Proshop stuff? >

WalMart stuff vs Proshop stuff?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

WalMart stuff vs Proshop stuff?

Old 07-12-2006, 08:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: WalMart stuff vs Proshop stuff?

To my understanding, the design is the same it's simply the quality of the materials and construction that is different. Maybe a lower grade of metal designed for WalMart sales?

I have seen a clay thrower that at first glance looked identical. The ppicture on the box, the model # and everything were the same, but the pro shop had it for about $30 more than WalMart. When I asked why the pro said that although they appear to be the same, they were made from different metal. He stated that WalMart carried a cheaper version of the exact same product.

I would have never believed this until my recent experience with Muzzy's. I know there is a difference or Muzzy is producing a much cheaper product than they did 3 years ago.
Old 07-12-2006, 08:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

no my muzzy are holding up great so they are te same but i have heard the same bout wally world i just go there for grocerees and fishing tackle but never ever for anything i want to kill a deer with i would rather go to my pro shop or dicks
Old 07-12-2006, 08:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

A muzzy is a muzzy. Don't get me wrong, I like to support my local pro shop and go there for anything relating to work on my bow and buy equiment there, but when you can spend $5 for 3 broadheads instead of $21 for the exact same ones, unless you have money to burn (which I do not) I'm not going to think twice. I find it hard to believe that manufacturers with a reputation to defend would allow an inferior product with their name on it to be sold. I can see if lower quality merchandise was sold under their name exclusively by walmart, but not the same name/model number that is sold by pro shops for high dollars.
Old 07-12-2006, 08:35 AM
Typical Buck

I'd like to thank everyone for leaving all the hunting supplies at WalMart for me . I don't nor ever had a problem with any hunting items purchased from WalMart . I make sure I buy the name-brand stuff . At the end of archery season , I hit a couple of the stores and but what they have on clearance . Why pay $12 at Dicks for Sims String Leeches when I can get them on clearance for $3 . I won't drive out of my way to save a small bit of change but when the small Mom & Pops store wants $15 for a pack of string leeches , they can eat them !
This WalMart bashing is a bunch of BS ! No , I don't and never have worked for them but they are one of the largest business in the world . Oh yeah , I buy the 4 pack of tent stakes at WM and can buy the same exact thing at Dicks for 99 cents each ( $3.96 for four ) . Sub-standard quality ? Get real !!! WM can set lower prices because they buy in bulk quantities . When I walk into an archery shop and the guy has an attitude because I don't plan to spend a couple hundred dollars that day on marked up products , I don't need him !
Old 07-12-2006, 08:49 AM
Typical Buck

I love the proshops........I frequent a shop called Swatara Creek Outfitters, in Anville Pennsylvania, the owner is Kyle STokes. He is very knowledgable and very caring of his customers. He just gives you good feel when you walk in. That is my 2 cents.
Old 07-12-2006, 08:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am not accusing WM of doing anything wrong. I was asking a question because my experience presented doubt that the products were of the same quality. I don't care who shops at WM nor do I care who shops at the local proshop.

I was simply asking the question. WM is what it is. The largest warehouse for china made products sold cheaper than any other store. Made cheaper? That was my question.

Old 07-12-2006, 09:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

The link below is long, but it does give some insight into how WalMart can sell products cheaper. The quote below sums it up pretty good to me. If they can do it with lawn mowers why could they not do it with broadheads?

"The Wal-Mart vice president responded with strategy and argument. Snapper is the sort of high-quality nameplate, like Levi Strauss, that Wal-Mart hopes can ultimately make it more Target-like. He suggested that Snapper find a lower-cost contract manufacturer. He suggested producing a separate, lesser-quality line with the Snapper nameplate just for Wal-Mart. Just like Levi did."

http://www.fastcompany.com/magazine/102/open_snapper.html
Old 07-12-2006, 09:14 AM
Typical Buck

That's a very interesting article !
Old 07-12-2006, 09:46 AM

Thanks for that article!
Old 07-12-2006, 09:53 AM
Typical Buck

interesting article

Quick Reply: WalMart stuff vs Proshop stuff?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.