Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 WalMart stuff vs Proshop stuff? >

WalMart stuff vs Proshop stuff?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

WalMart stuff vs Proshop stuff?

Old 07-11-2006, 08:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: WalMart stuff vs Proshop stuff?

Again, I always theough the stuff was the same but the performance and durability has proven otherwise. Prior to two years ago, I never had a muzzy break or get burred up.

Old 07-11-2006, 09:01 AM

I am a Sporting Goods Manager for a local Wal-Mart. Granted I'm one of the few who actually hunt or fish, most are promoted on basis of just being good managers. The Muzzys and the Thunder Heads that Wal-mart sells are the same as you get in the local pro shop. Most of the others broadheads are made especiallyfor wal-mart at a lower cost so they don't seem as durable to me.Nocks,Vanes, Nocking Points,Inserts, and The Carbon Express Terninator Huntershafts arewhat I usually get from wal-mart. If you use Real Tree or Mossy Oak camo that too is the same as you get any where else. Wal-Mart isn't perfect, and I know it better then most,but some of us try to make it better.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: davidmil

A Muzzy is a Muzzy. Are you absolutel sure you're buying a Muzzy or knock off. I never saw them in our Walmart. Of course, our Walmarts in Maryland(home of the Pinko Liberals) doesn't carry much in the line of hunting. They're really sorry. I go there for Lens cleaner and that's about it.
My walmart in MD carries muzzy and has decent hunting selection....But i get my muzzy's at dicks
Old 07-11-2006, 12:00 PM

Seems like another good reason to support the local shops, which is hard to do in my area since I have a Bass Pro 10 mins from my house. You think wally world is the devil, man that place is VERY addictive. I can go in there for a $3 spinner bait and come out with $200 with of stuff I had to have.
Old 07-11-2006, 12:09 PM

I don't know about broadheads. But wal mart does indeed cut corners on other products to get the prices cheaper. I know chain saws are one of the items. Some of the gears are plastic and they should be metal. Poland makes good chain saws, just don't buy one from wal mart!!
Old 07-11-2006, 12:13 PM

I rarely shop there because Bass Pro is right next door.

Except for the flavored water. That stuff is good.
Old 07-11-2006, 12:38 PM

I don't believe wal mart could get by selling inferior muzzy's. I don't do wal mart bashing. Why should I bash a store that I consistently shop at?
Old 07-11-2006, 03:04 PM

Could they be using cheap-o generic blades with the regular Muzzy point? That's what they do with other products, use the name brand skeleton but put hardware and accesories on it thatyou would never find in aself-respecting specialty store. Generally, the opposite would be all right (generic skeleton), but then you wouldn't have to come back and buy more!
Old 07-12-2006, 07:20 AM

WalMart does more long-term damage to our nation's economy than 1000 terrorist bombings! Support America, buy American!
Old 07-12-2006, 07:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think the muzzy blades only fit muzzy's. I doubt there is a generic version. Not enough of a market to make it worthwhile.

Quick Reply: WalMart stuff vs Proshop stuff?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.