Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 WalMart stuff vs Proshop stuff? >

WalMart stuff vs Proshop stuff?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

WalMart stuff vs Proshop stuff?

Old 07-13-2006, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: WalMart stuff vs Proshop stuff?

There is one question that I would ask HuntinGUS. Has your set up change at all, different bow. different arrows ect. I highy doubt that muzzy would change there manufacturing process to please one store that sells their products. It would cost them more money then it would be worth, I would think. ButI could be wrong. Good luck at solving your problem.
To answer the question...........no,my setup did not change.

To those of you who say that there is no way WM can sell an inferior product did you read the article about the snapper lawn mowers?

Look I am not saying it's a fact that WM carries a lower quality muzzy, but some of you need to pull your head out of the sand...........
Old 07-13-2006, 11:46 AM
Fork Horn

Wall-mart and other low cost retailers (whether brick and mortar or on-line) puchase products (NOT 100% AND NOT ALWAYS) that fall outside of the name brand manufacturer's tolerances.

It is that simple.

Ever buy chocolate chip cookies from Wal-Mart and notice that theywere a little darker on the bottom than the ones that you would buy at a name brand grocery store? You probably just shrugged it off thinking that it was one "bad" bag. Well, that may not always be the case.

On any production line, there are specification ranges and tolerances. Most name brand manufacturers will only sell products that come off the line within a certain tolerance range since they want their name brand to stand for quality.

They can not afford to throw away or re-work the stuff that comes off the lines outside these tolerance ranges, so they discount these units and sell them to the highest bidder or any bidder.

So yes, you may be getting Muzzy's from the manufacturers that makes the name brand Muzzy's, but I'd bet it is very likely that the product management team behind the branded Muzzy's rejected the ones that wind up in Wal-Mart.

Old 07-13-2006, 12:20 PM
Dominant Buck

Novel idea.......but did anyone think to actually write or call Muzzy, directly?

As a former PGA Professional.....I can tell you that the products that say "Titleist" on them are 1st grade @ Walmart. That's due to TITLEIST, though (not WalMart). If Muzzy is selling inferior products to WalMart (And I'm NOT syaing they are)....then why in the world would you be mad at WalMart??? At least Titleist denotes on their "seconds" that they're "seconds" (read - "X-Outs" or "Practice").

I think there's some anger here for WalMart.....and I think it's mis-guided.

Jeff
Old 07-13-2006, 06:17 PM
Typical Buck

I agree with SBGOBBLERS above post . This bit about WalMart sells 2nds , inferior products , rejects is a bunch of BS !
Old 07-14-2006, 07:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with SBGOBBLERS above post . This bit about WalMart sells 2nds , inferior products , rejects is a bunch of BS !
Look, I am not bashing WM. I simply asked a question which prompted me to look into the situation more. The article that I posted on page 2 clearly indicates WM's approach to sell at lower prices by getting companies to produce a product of lesser quality.

You do not have to believe it. I couldn't care less, but it is what it is and it could very well be happening with the broadheads.
Old 07-14-2006, 08:06 AM
Dominant Buck

Again.......WHY hold WalMartresponsible (selling inferior products)? Why not hold the Mfg.'s respnsible fornoteither:

1 - holding up their end ofQC

or

2 - Denoting that the products they sell there (WM) are "seconds"

Let'snot let our true colorsshine through so much............This is VERY transparent.....

Jeff
Old 07-14-2006, 08:07 AM

Don't get me wrong, I would buy whatever I needed at a local pro shop if the price was even close because of their knowledgeof the product, butthat's usually notthe case.I, personally, don'tnecessary think they are"seconds". I think it is just a matter ofbuying in bulk. Walmart and the other discount storesbuy thousands upon thousands of products and can distribute them to their various stores asopposed to a local buying only a few.
Old 07-14-2006, 08:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Again.......WHY hold WalMartresponsible (selling inferior products)? Why not hold the Mfg.'s respnsible fornoteither:
Please tell me where I "hold Walmart Responsible"??? Iam not "holding anyone responsible" I simply asked the question if there was a difference.

Let'snot let our true colorsshine through so much............This is VERY transparent.....
Care to elaborate on what you are getting at with this statement??
Old 07-14-2006, 08:41 AM
Dominant Buck

The article that I posted on page 2 clearly indicates WM's approach to sell at lower prices by getting companies to produce a product of lesser quality.
If you're not implying that they're (WalMart)forcing Muzzy to toe this line.....then it sure appears to me that you are. And....if this is true....WHY BLAME WALMART? Why not hold MUZZY accountable for selling inferior products to ANYONE? If you aren't implying that.....then what's your point????? You put that article and that question together in the same thread.....there's an implied inference.

Am I wrong? I'll apologize.

Jeff
Old 07-14-2006, 08:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you're not implying that they're (WalMart)forcing Muzzy to toe this line.....then it sure appears to me that you are. And....if this is true....WHY BLAME WALMART? Why not hold MUZZY accountable for selling inferior products to ANYONE? If you aren't implying that.....then what's your point????? You put that article and that question together in the same thread.....there's an implied inference.

Am I wrong? I'll apologize.
I asked the question and then did some research in an effor to find out the answer. Again....show me where I balme WM. The only thing that I implied was that WM wanted Snapper to produce a lower quality line of mowers to sell so why would it be so hard to believe that the muzzies I bought were of lesser quality.

Just like "Snapper" in the atricle....Muzzy could say no. If they are producing an inferior product I do have a problem with it from both WM and Muzzy. WM for squeezing the provider and the provider for agreeing.

MY point for the post was to find out if anyone else had experienced the same thing or if anyone knew if these practices were taking place.

Sorrythat I upset you so much..........

Quick Reply: WalMart stuff vs Proshop stuff?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.