Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 WalMart stuff vs Proshop stuff? >

WalMart stuff vs Proshop stuff?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

WalMart stuff vs Proshop stuff?

Old 07-14-2006, 09:03 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: WalMart stuff vs Proshop stuff?

You didn't upset me at all.

Go all the way back to your WalMart being the biggest retailer for China comment (Page 1???) and it's pretty evident that you have ill feelings towards this retailer. Myself....I feel like I need a bath after I go in there every time. So....I'm no fan of theirs', either.

But.....if a brand name manufacturer is selling products that are below their QC standards to ANYONE without a statement declaring such to the ultimate consumer......then I have a problem with said MANUFACTURER. The name of the retailer is a moot point.

Jeff
Old 07-14-2006, 09:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Go all the way back to your WalMart being the biggest retailer for China comment (Page 1???)
Are your sure that was "my" quote? Even if it were my quote, if it's a fact what's the problem with that statement?

But.....if a brand name manufacturer is selling products that are below their QC standards to ANYONE without a statement declaring such to the ultimate consumer......then I have a problem with said MANUFACTURER. The name of the retailer is a moot point.
I have a problem with the manufacturer and WM "if" it is true.
Old 07-14-2006, 09:21 AM
Dominant Buck

Hey Gus.....that's your right....(to be pixxed at both). To a degree....I understand that.....but I'd REALLY be mad if I thought I'd bought a Switchback from a trade show......and come to find out it was a "second" and that fact not be indicated ANYWHERE on the bow. Also....what would that do to the resale of the one YOU bought at your pro shop???

It's a problem....I agree....but "I" don't think it has anything to do with the retailer. "I" hold the manufacturers SOLELY responsible for this practice. Nobody is forcing them to sell to WalMart (as evidenced by the THOUSANDS of reputable manufacturers who REFUSE to sell goods to WalMart).

Bu that's just me. You're CERTAINLY entitled to your opinion. I wasn't getting personal w/you. Thereare PLENTY who will jump at ANY chance to bash WM. I have NO love for them, myself, either. I just thought that THIS time.....the blame was unwarranted (in their direction).

have a great weekend....AND upcoming hunting season.

Sincerely

Jeff
Old 07-14-2006, 09:37 AM
Fork Horn

What are they going to do, say no to the biggest retailer in the world? That's like saying I hate money.

I would hate it if Muzzy did bow to WM, but I wouldnt doubt it. This practice DOES happen.

An exec. at Igloo coolers himselfsaid "DO NOT BUY OUR PRODUCTS FROM WALMART! They are a lesser grade plastic and have less insulation." This is not speculation, but direct from the mouth of asenior executiveat the igloo mfrg facility here in Houston. Walmart told Igloo thatif they wantedWalmart to carry their products that they had to meet a specific pricepoint. Igloo told them it would require producing an inferior product with lesser materials. Walmart said so what, do it or we take your product off the shelf.

I'm not a walmart basher.. I dont go around telling everyone I know "Dont shop at Walmart!!!"... I just take my $$ elsewhere. Which does little to hurt Walmart, but soothes my conscience and helps me to have better confidence in the products I do buy.

I'll spare y'all the speil about how Walmart is selling America's soul to the chinese. [&:]
Old 07-14-2006, 11:07 AM
Dominant Buck

Then what about the THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of mfg's that DON'T cow-tow to WalMart? I'm simply curious. How are they staying in business?

I'll tell you.....

They stay in business because people like me (and others) STILL recognize a quality product.....and we don't allow price to be the ONLY barometer as to whether or not we purchase an item. Did you buy your Benelli shotgun there (your M1 Field)? How about your Hoyt bow? Your Mizuno golf irons? Your Weber grill? Your Rolex?

Jeff
Old 07-14-2006, 12:47 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: SBGobblers

Then what about the THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of mfg's that DON'T cow-tow to WalMart? I'm simply curious. How are they staying in business?

I'll tell you.....

They stay in business because people like me (and others) STILL recognize a quality product.....and we don't allow price to be the ONLY barometer as to whether or not we purchase an item. Did you buy your Benelli shotgun there (your M1 Field)? How about your Hoyt bow? Your Mizuno golf irons? Your Weber grill? Your Rolex?

Jeff
Because some companies don't have the<edit> GUTSto say no and stand up and say I'll find other ways to peddle my product....

And actually, I can't afford any of the stuff you just listed and I typically buy what I can afford, just not at Walmart.
Old 07-14-2006, 01:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Should all be the same...cannot see why the woulod perform differently......makes me curious though.
Old 07-15-2006, 07:26 PM

Walmart SUCKS!!!!!!! Why anyone spends money at that place is beyond me.
Old 07-15-2006, 09:51 PM
Fork Horn

i agree i bought a tru glo sight from wal-mart and it fell apart in the field i bought the same sight for my other bow and its been threw hell and has never broke
Old 07-16-2006, 06:02 AM
Typical Buck

Sounds like a BS story ................

Quick Reply: WalMart stuff vs Proshop stuff?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.