Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

NAP Spitfire

Old 07-11-2006, 12:50 PM

Default RE: NAP Spitfire

I like the fact that there is no rubber bands to hold the blades in and that when I'm crawling through the grass with an arrow in hand ready to nock, I don't have sharp blades exposed. I can also pass the arrow up through my cables when getting one out of the quiver without worrying about cutting the cables. (I do a lot of spot and stalk hunting and this saves on movement.) They fly well and haven't let me down on deer sized game. I would never go so far as to say that their terminal performance is better than a sharp fixed blade, but it's certainly not worse. One thing to watch for is that in really cold weather, they may freeze shut if they get wet. I coat mine with a very light coat of LPS1 which is a dry film lube.
Old 07-11-2006, 01:06 PM
Typical Buck

Spitfires work great. All the deer I have shot with them have gone less than 40 yards before piling up. They put a huge hole in a deer.
Old 07-11-2006, 03:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know guys that shoot them and love them. I was thinking about them, but I just can't seem going to a head that I have to hope opens and do the trick when mine already do.
Old 07-11-2006, 03:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've used Spitfires and the damage they do "aint no joke", they have opened every time for me.