Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 New NAP Spitfire !! >

New NAP Spitfire !!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New NAP Spitfire !!

Old 02-26-2004, 07:10 AM

Default New NAP Spitfire !!

Went to check out the new NAP fixed blades on their website.....and saw that they have a new Spitfire XP Pro Series ! Hadn't heard of it yet !Basically the same but with a cut on contact tip , like a Scorpion XP !!

Since Spitfires Pro's are my favorite I might have to give them a go this year !!
Old 02-26-2004, 12:55 PM

Default RE: New NAP Spitfire !!

I am going to make a switch from the NAP Spitfires to the Rocky Mountain Snypers, they are suppost to be the best Mechanicals on the market, so why not try them!

I have shot the Scorpion's, they did not impress me at all, the Spitfires penetrate better than the Scorpions!
Old 02-26-2004, 01:18 PM

Jeff .....I tried the Snyper's and wasn't real impressed ! They definately penetrate and leave a wide entry wound.....but I didn't get a good bloodtrail on an excellent hit and the tip and ferrule bent ! I probably owe them another try ......but I doubt I'll do it !

Never tried the Scorpions......but shot some Shockwaves this year. They did fine......but I just like those Spitfires !

Not real sure if the new tip will help much......but they look mean !! Maybe their looks alone will just scare the deer to death !
Old 02-26-2004, 02:05 PM

Hmmmmmm, that is something that you might want to tell Barrie Archery (Rocky Mtn. B-Heads), I have not tried the Shockwaves, I have heard horror stories from guys that shot deer with those, and them not opening right etc.!

I shot an 8pt. with the Spitfires this year, and had a complete pass through at 27yds, and that is great, but I like to try different B-heads, but I will always carry an arrow tipped with a Spitfire!