Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 "Tinks" Scent Bomb Question >

"Tinks" Scent Bomb Question

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

"Tinks" Scent Bomb Question

Old 07-07-2006, 01:11 PM

Default "Tinks" Scent Bomb Question

I recently bought a couple of Tinks scent bombs and I thought that if the deer get too close to the bomb, that they will see it and get scared away. Should I use the scent bomb or should I just squirt the liquid on the ground? Any advice?
Old 07-07-2006, 02:11 PM

Default RE: "Tinks" Scent Bomb Question

I used the scent bomb last year with no success. I had onebuck look at it form about 20 yards and then walk off. I am not sure if the sent bomb did it or just typical buck personality. From my experience and since you already bough them I would make sure there fairly close. Just don't get down wind... WEW

Tim
Old 07-07-2006, 06:58 PM
Fork Horn

Shot my buck last year when he stopped and took a big whif of my Tink Bomb (Tink's 69). I set mine at 20 yards in my various shooting lanes.
Good luck!
Old 07-07-2006, 07:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

well i havent killed a buck with them because i havent seen a good enough one to shoot but does seem to like it (tinks 69) even better than bucks ive had tons of does stop for minutes just smelling and looking at it
Old 07-08-2006, 02:10 PM

I have had the best results using unscented tampons (they are biodegradeable) and after the hunt throw them on the ground and make a mock scrape. This has proven to be an effective indicator of if there's a buck in the area, but I don't use Tink's 69.
Old 07-08-2006, 03:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

I used the sent bombs last season and fair results with it.
Had three of them spaced at diffrent ranges in diffrent lanes.
Does came in sniffed at it and walked away and then a small 4 point spike came in sinffed the air and ran away.
So I would say they work as good as any thing else out there.
Old 07-08-2006, 05:28 PM
Dominant Buck

I've been using them for several years now , and they haven't produced any noticeable results to date . All they are is a method of dispensing scent , and frankly I've gotten better results from tampons . I plan to use tampons from now on . Man that's hard to admit , and even harder to buy... [&:]
Old 07-08-2006, 06:46 PM
Fork Horn

I just theif the girlfreindsor make her go buy them your a bigger man then me if you can make it down that store isle...[:'(]

Trytan
Old 07-08-2006, 07:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I figure every deer in the country has smelled Tinks. Makes me wonder if you did the math at 1 oz. times the number of bottles sold at Wally-World the Tinks herd must be a real sight to see. Even more so when you figure a particular deers urine is only of value at certain times of the year. It's gotta take a train load of tankers to fill all them bottles. I do use scents everytime I hunt, just not Tinks. I use James Valley(love the smell) in a gel form. A glob on a few sticks, put the jar down at 20 yards and you don't have to carry out the Bombs.