Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bowtech is making bows for Gander Mountain now? >

Bowtech is making bows for Gander Mountain now?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowtech is making bows for Gander Mountain now?

Old 07-05-2006, 09:40 AM

Default Bowtech is making bows for Gander Mountain now?

I am not talking about the Diamond series. Gander has their own product out now called the TECHunter line. I never would have noticed them if not for the give away hush kit........then I picked up the TECH part out of the name.........I was reading it TEC-Hunter and not really paying much attention to them. They look like pretty low end bows. I couldn't really check them out because Gander now locks all their bows up with a anti-theft cable........someone must have clipped a couple bows from them recently.

Anyone else seen this??

I remember that a lot of people slammed the NAAG line when they started showing up at sporting goods stores in the mall............I mean seriously, you can now find more Bowtech products by going to Gander then you can a Bowtech dealer.

What's next???.................WAL-MART??
Old 07-05-2006, 10:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bowtech is making bows for Gander Mountain now?

Haven't seen the tec line, but have seen many diamonds in our local Gander Mtn. I don't see the big deal! If you have a good product the idea is to get it in the consumers face.

Alot of newbies are less intimidated in a Gander Mtn or Dicks than walking into an actual archery shop.

Yes (before you comment)I agree you get better personalized help in a Pro-Shop, but, if the consumer doesn't come in, you can't help them!

Old 07-05-2006, 08:03 PM

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

Haven't seen the tec line, but have seen many diamonds in our local Gander Mtn. I don't see the big deal! If you have a good product the idea is to get it in the consumers face.
Is it a good product??.........didn't look very good to me.

Old 07-05-2006, 08:05 PM

yes they are good bows. they are the guide series tech bows. pse also has an exclusive bow for gander called the excursion. its pretty nice also. my friend bought one and he loves it. im at gander every day and those are some nice bows for the money
Old 07-05-2006, 08:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

They are a product ofDiamond (by BowTech)and they are builtwith mostly the same components asother Diamond bows.

The TecHunter is similar to the Diamond Rapture and the TecHunter Extreme is similair to the Diamond Justice. Both great bows andat a great price.

Old 07-05-2006, 08:54 PM

your getting the same bow. they are all made on the same c&c machine with just a few little differences but none that change the dynamics or performance. chris at gander has sold a buttload of them and everyone has been happy with them. but now that diamond victory is one nasty bow. i almost sold my trykon to get it.
Old 07-05-2006, 09:23 PM
Typical Buck

I see scheels also has somebody making bows for them,I took a peek at them as I was walking by.They looked like ross bows to me.
Old 07-05-2006, 10:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Getting a quality archery product (regardless of manufacturer) into the hands of more and more beginning shooters is a good thing, in my mind. The better the experience for a beginner, the more likely he or she will be to continue in the sport and add to our diminishing ranks.

I know I started off with a Wal-Mart bow (a Bear Hunter) because I had no clue. Really --it was my freshman year in undergraduate school, and I had just been looking through a Department of Conservation code book and noticed that archery season was nearly four months long compared to the two weeks alloted for gun season. The next time I was in our local Wal-Mart, I of course ended up in the sporting goods section, but this time I noticed the bows hanging there and remembered what I had read. On a whim, I bought the bow and some cheap aluminum arrows and I had my start.

But -- with the equipment I purchased, it would have been very easy for me to have become discouraged because it wasn't exactly top-notch. I was fortunate enought to become passionate about the sport with what was definitely some ill-fitted and mismatched equipment to stick it out and even took my first buck and turkey with that bow. There's no doubt though thatmy enjoyment for the sport increased exponentially when I bought my first top-of-the-line bow a few years later.

If a manufacturer can provide the equipment at reasonable prices to let the newcomer feel that joy earlier on of having solid, good equipment in his or her hands, I'm all for it.
Old 07-06-2006, 05:49 AM

its like a hound dog on a coon's trail - except in this case the hound dog is bowtech and the coon is money. they're just following the money.
Old 07-06-2006, 06:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: gibblet

its like a hound dog on a coon's trail - except in this case the hound dog is bowtech and the coon is money. they're just following the money.
I believe this is what a former employee told us about bowtech, right after he was ask to take a life long vacation

Quick Reply: Bowtech is making bows for Gander Mountain now?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.