Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Kisser Question

Old 07-04-2006, 12:30 PM

Default Kisser Question

I need some advice fellas. I have always used a kisser button. (15yrs) I am not trying to brag, but, I have always shot very well. A few weeks ago when setting up my new Tribute, I left the kisser off of this bow. Now, one arrow out of three is shooting 3 or 4 inches high. I know it is me not anchoring in the same spot. My question is, should I put the kisser back on, or give it some time like this? Antelope season opens in a month, I can't keep a group at thirty yards, let alone 50. What should I do?
Old 07-04-2006, 12:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Kisser Question

I left off the kisser button this year and haven't missed it. It seemed to get in the way when using my scent-lok hood. You should be able to anchor well w/o it. Nose on string, string on chest, hand on face. You did't mention if you're shooting carbons or aluminum. If one out of three is off and you're using aluminums number the stray arrow and see if it consistantly flies wrong it could be bent. Just a thought.
Old 07-04-2006, 01:31 PM

Same thing goes for carbon, number the arrow regardless of what type it is. I've noticed that out of every half dozen arrows I buy, I always manage to get one flyer that won't group with the rest.

If you're grouping good with all your arrows but one, I would leave the kisser off. Personally, I shoot with one and don't plan on taking it off anytime soon. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Old 07-04-2006, 10:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Instead of putting that heavy kisser back on, get some serving thread, and tie in a small knot where the string normally touches the tip of your nose. Remember, even when you had a kisser, you still needed a SOLID anchor point for your release hand.
Old 07-04-2006, 10:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not sure if I do it the "correct" way or not, but I shoot a release and use right under my ear for an anchor point for my relase/index finger. Today I shot the crap out of my new Trykon and at 40 yards I was shooting golf ball sized 3 shot groups.
Old 07-05-2006, 02:30 PM

What is the disadvantage to the kisser? I'm not sure I understand what it would hurt to keep it on if your accuracy improves.

Tim
Old 07-05-2006, 06:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Only disadvantage to a kisser is a little reduction in speed. I know lots of guys that shoot them, and they still manage to bag deer every fall. It might also interfere if you wear a face mask like someone already said earlier.
Old 07-06-2006, 07:38 AM

Thanks

Just curious