Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Using scents, mock scrapes, Etc.... >

Using scents, mock scrapes, Etc....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Using scents, mock scrapes, Etc....

Old 07-03-2006, 07:22 PM

Default Using scents, mock scrapes, Etc....

has anyone had good luck using these things and if so share on what you did and what you used
Old 07-04-2006, 07:33 AM

Default RE: Using scents, mock scrapes, Etc....

My boys and I use Southern Whitetail Scent's Hyper Heat. It is collected fresh during the current hunting season and refrigerated with no preservatives. We apply it to an unscented tampon and hang the tampon on a low overhanging branch. Then we spray the tampon string with no scent spray to remove our scent. After the hunt ,we drop the tampon onto the ground and make a mock scrape, if you have a buck in the area you will know within 48 hours, he will tear the ground up!
In the last two years we have scored:
(1) 180 class
(1) 150 class
(1)140 class
(2) 130 class bucks
We hunt fair chase in LA>
Old 07-04-2006, 08:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Regulations only permit the use of synthetic scents here in MB. I have used them on several occasions w/little luck, only younger deer follow my scent line. Glad to hear I'm not the only one that has a box of tampons in there truck.
Old 07-04-2006, 08:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Scents are designed to stop a deer providing you a shot. Once he sticks his nose on you scent wick your plan has come full circle. I have never seen a product that I felt drawed the deer in, except food. With good stand placement you will see deer and than your scent wick will hopefully provide a broadside shot while the deer sniffs your scent.
Old 07-04-2006, 08:55 AM
Super Moderator

I always use mock scrapes during the pre rut and rut. I scrape out the ground with a nice size branch making sure I dont step in the scrape. I then hang a tarsal gland over the scrape and make sure I use some dominant buck urine to pour on the tarsel gland. Then to top it off I will use some tinks 69 in the scrape itself. It has worked for me quite often. It also alows you to stop the buck and be able to pick the perfect shot.
Old 07-05-2006, 09:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

We had a group of guys from LA come hunt with us and they used the Southern Whitetail scents and took some nice deer. They had some great stories about how deer were reacting to the scent.
Old 07-05-2006, 12:53 PM
Typical Buck

I usually start my mock scrapes around the beginning of September and lace them with Tinks Trophy Buck Lure. Add a bit of Tink's 69 during the rut and you are in business.
Old 07-05-2006, 06:14 PM

Where can I get some Southern Whitetail Scents? Are they on a website?
I live in Va. I would love to give it a try!
Old 07-05-2006, 07:33 PM

The website is currently under construction, southernwhitetailscents.com
and should be up an running with 30 days. The phone number to the farm is 1-877-363-3337,(1-877-doe-deer).
Old 07-06-2006, 06:55 AM

Titlelist 03 and lakota234 email me your email address at [email protected] and I will get you information regarding Southern Whitetail Scents.

Quick Reply: Using scents, mock scrapes, Etc....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.