Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
The nice bucks are starting to appear! >

The nice bucks are starting to appear!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The nice bucks are starting to appear!

Old 11-01-2002, 07:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default The nice bucks are starting to appear!

I think the rut is kicking in. Last night I saw 3 nice bucks, all three would've made P&Y and one was a funcky looking non-typical, had really tall tines on one side that arched in toward the middle and the other side wasn't all that tall had points going about everywhere. It was werid though to see 3 nice bucks all together without any does???? When the pre-rut it going pretty good now.

Tonight I also saw 3 more nice ones. They were all typical 8 points with 2 of them having antlers that just barely came outside the ears and the other one being at least a couple inches otuside the ears. And all had about between 8-10" tines. I watched one for about 25min at about 45 yards from me but he wouldn't come any closer. I don't really have any stands in this spot to hunt, which make it tougher to get close to them bucks with a bow on the ground.

I've got my game cam in a good spot, so hopefully I can get some good pics. I had 18 on it tonight when I checked it, it's been out there for 4 days now. the last roll of film just had a lot of coons, coyotes, turkeys, does, and only one 8pt buck. Hopefully this roll will be a little better. I put it right on a rub and scrape line.
Visit My Hunting Page
Old 11-01-2002, 07:49 PM

Default RE: The nice bucks are starting to appear!

nice bucks on the web page. were the deer that u found shot???
Old 11-01-2002, 07:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: The nice bucks are starting to appear!

Here to in central MN. My game camera pictures are coming out 40 % buck photos. All July thru sept they were 20 % buck photos. The last two weeks has been good! Its really time to be out there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Luck!

PRACTICE....PRACTICE....PRACTICE......SUCCESS!