Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Are there any women bowhunters out there? >

Are there any women bowhunters out there?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Are there any women bowhunters out there?

Old 06-25-2006, 07:34 PM

Default RE: Are there any women bowhunters out there?

Thanks everyone! Bowhunting is such a blast!! I can't wait till it is time to hunt again.
Old 06-25-2006, 07:37 PM

ORIGINAL: Diesel77

I love it!! Awsome Hoytgirl. Good job on getting some tags and freezer meat last season.
Thank you. I see that you are a Hoyt guy!! That rocks!
Old 06-25-2006, 07:40 PM
Fork Horn

My wife goes deer/turkey/duck hunting with me. She does not have a bow right now but has her eyes on a Mathews Mustang. Does anyone know anything about these bows? I like the way the draw weight is so adjustable for one and I really like my Mathews bow I just got.
Old 06-25-2006, 07:43 PM
Typical Buck

She can't go wrong with a Hoyt I wish we had our own show like Ralph and Vicky. How awesome would that be to hunt all the time!!!!!

That would be a great life I think.I know some years I hunt so hard that by later winter I'm worn out ,and sometimes get sick from hunting so hard.I have metRalph&Vick both ,and hunted hogs a couple times down in Florida where they go and the guide/owner confirms everything that I have said "that they are super people."Hey in that pic I see some trad bows in the back ground,you guys shoot them much?
Old 06-25-2006, 07:46 PM

Yeah we like to shoot both as often as possible. That is a nice mount in thepic.
Old 06-25-2006, 07:48 PM

ORIGINAL: krabbiepatty

My wife goes deer/turkey/duck hunting with me. She does not have a bow right now but has her eyes on a Mathews Mustang. Does anyone know anything about these bows? I like the way the draw weight is so adjustable for one and I really like my Mathews bow I just got.
That is a very nice bow
Old 06-25-2006, 08:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats a nice buck! My wife and I are looking for a bow for her and hopefullymy new job helps to speed things along. She loves to hunt and is out every chance she can get, last year during the hunting season she was in nursing college and also 8 months pregnant. No deer hunting for her last year but she still went out for upland birds and rabbits. What a sight to see, her waddling down logging roads looking for unsuspecting prey. It was during the muzzleloader deer season and she would say 'go ahead and sit in your stand'. Ya right, I 'still' hunted next to her to make sure all was well. Lots of bears in the woods.
Congrats on your first deer/buck. Quick question, how do you find the meat? My wife will out eat me w/does but when it comes to the larger bucks she won't touch it(except my jerky), funny thing is that the first craving she had during her pregnancy was for wild meat, and her first contraction came when we were ice-fishing.
In regards to setting up stands, I have quite a few and my wife has had a hand in several. Its always nice to get a second opinion...... sometimes we see things from different angles and points of view. Its also helped her enthusiasm...... almost every deer I have taken she has had a hand in, from making ammunition, stand set-up, tracking and scouting. By the time she takes her first deer she will almost be self-sufficient...... she'll only need a hand to drag the deer out and thats about it.
Old 06-25-2006, 08:32 PM

ORIGINAL: sandilands

Thats a nice buck! My wife and I are looking for a bow for her and hopefullymy new job helps to speed things along. She loves to hunt and is out every chance she can get, last year during the hunting season she was in nursing college and also 8 months pregnant. No deer hunting for her last year but she still went out for upland birds and rabbits. What a sight to see, her waddling down logging roads looking for unsuspecting prey. It was during the muzzleloader deer season and she would say go ahead and sit in your stand. Ya right, I still hunted next to her to make sure all was well.(lots of bears in the woods.
Congrats on your first deer/buck. Quick question how do you find the meat? My wife will out eat me w/does but when it comes to the larger bucks she won't touch it(except my jerky), funny thing is that the first craving she had during her pregnancy was for wild meat, and her first contraction came when we were ice-fishing.
Thanks. I eat it all. We soak our meat in salt water for a few days before we use it, tender as heck and no game taste to it at all. There are so many awesome bows out there now, when she is ready for one have her try out a lot before she decides.
Old 06-25-2006, 09:32 PM

NICE RACK NO PUN INTENDED
Old 06-25-2006, 09:35 PM

Thanks VA

Quick Reply: Are there any women bowhunters out there?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.