Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Does a trail cam flash spook game? >

Does a trail cam flash spook game?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Does a trail cam flash spook game?

Old 06-17-2006, 02:21 PM

Default Does a trail cam flash spook game?

I am really struggling with a decsision on whether or not to get a trail cam. Just a few ?s for you. One, how much helpful info did you get from one? Two, does the flash spook game. Because if it does I doubt that they would hang around the area very long. And three, is when is the best time to hang one? and other info or tips you would have would be great. Thanks.
Old 06-17-2006, 02:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Does a trail cam flash spook game?

boy something must happen .i have never gotten a second picture of a buck in my life. i was thinking of putting a cam a above the trail looking down well above so they cant investigate what the flash was . i have one pic of nothing but antlers ,boy talk about flash blind that would be a enough to knock ya down. maybe thats why i never see then again there all blind and cant find there way around. lol
Old 06-17-2006, 03:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

Does the flash spook deer? Some deer it does and some deer pose for the camera. I have both kinds of pics. I had set my camera to take two photos, in the first a nice 8 pt is walking the next pic he's jumping for heaven. Either the noise or the flash spooked him big time. Other pics the deer stand there looking at the camera and having their pic taken.

A friend of mine had a camera set out and has pics of a buck. He then bought the WildLife Eye video camera...they have video of the buck walking up to and then around to avoid the camera. It didn't spook him out of the area but he learned where the flash was and avoided it by skirting it. I wouldn't believed it if it wasn't caught on film.
Old 06-17-2006, 03:35 PM

I don't believe the flash does, but I am more convinced all the time that the film advance does. I had my camera set up on a good trail and for a few days I got good photos. Then all of a sudden........nothing. No pics for a week. Well, I got to looking more closely and them little buggers walked the same trail, and just before they got to the tree where my camera was, they veered left and behind the tree. Then they veered right and back onto the trail.......Sneaky rascals I tell ya!
Old 06-17-2006, 03:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Does the flash spook deer? Some deer it does and some deer pose for the camera. I have both kinds of pics. I had set my camera to take two photos, in the first a nice 8 pt is walking the next pic he's jumping for heaven. Either the noise or the flash spooked him big time. Other pics the deer stand there looking at the camera and having their pic taken.
ditto, does a flash of lightning spook them, what about thunder, i have some pic's i''l try to post later, from my experience, its not that big of a deal, IMO they get used to it