Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
anyone use a Drag rag >

anyone use a Drag rag

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

anyone use a Drag rag

Old 10-31-2002, 04:06 PM

Default anyone use a Drag rag

I was wondering since the rut is comming up would it be wise to use a drag rag with doe urin since bucks are still checking and are not in full rut yet? I live in Ohio by the way, also how far should i put it on before i get to my stand and should i try to circle it about 15-20 yards? right now im using trail bait #1 in a wick bottle just for cover scent and hang it from a tree. Thanks James
Old 10-31-2002, 04:18 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: anyone use a Drag rag

I always use a drag rag, rut or not. Before and after the rut I just use doe urnine. During the rut use doe in heat lure. I usually put the drag on about a hundred yards from the pickup then freshen it up about every hundred yards. If you don't freshen the rag the scent trail will get fainter the closer you get to the stand and the deer may actually follow it away from you. I learned this the hard way. I think it helps to cover your tracks also.
Old 10-31-2002, 04:24 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: anyone use a Drag rag

Forgot, if you use one take it off before you get to your stand and hang it in a good shooting lane at a distance you are comfortable with. I also learned that the hard way, it doesn't do much good to have a buck walk head on into your stand and sniff the tree you are sitting in. It is fairly frustrating also.
Old 10-31-2002, 04:54 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]