Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Drag Rag ?

Old 11-01-2007, 10:41 AM
Fork Horn

Default Drag Rag ?

I have a question about drag rags. I know this time of year when the bucks are moving is a great time to use them. My question is what types of scents are commonly used on them? Also do you usually walk on past your stand location a few yards pick it up and hang from a tree branch or create a mock scrape and hang it about it?
Old 11-01-2007, 11:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Drag Rag ?

I use doe estrous on my drag rag. I tie it on to my boot as I am getting into the woods and drag it to my stand. Then I take it off and put up doe estrous in the tree with scent bombs.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:24 AM
Fork Horn

i use 2 scent drags. 1 on each boot. 1 is doused in doe estrus,other is dominant buck. im creating the illusion of a buck trailing a doe. i hang them both in front of tree
Old 11-01-2007, 05:44 PM
Typical Buck

I used one today to set a scent path while hanging my scrape dripper. One thing that I was wondering, or worried if you choose, about was the possiblity of having a buck catching the trail while I was walking. Do you guys set a scent trail moving in darkness and have any of you ever had a buck catch it before you got a chance to get set up and off the ground?
Old 11-01-2007, 05:53 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-01-2007, 06:08 PM

droptine, i agree with you mostly, but with dropping thermals.... if its an evening hunt after a sunny day, the bare ground radiates the heat that was absorbed during the day causing thermal radiation, raising your scents
(specially on field edges where light is more intense on the ground)

normally on evening hunts my drags scents are almost always 2 feet of the ground.... am i wrong?