Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 having a bow set up? >

having a bow set up?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

having a bow set up?

Old 06-17-2006, 07:34 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: having a bow set up?

Personal view here? You answered your question when you said the bow "almost fits me now". Unless it fits you then you may be fighting it the whole time. Go to the shop you want and just look. Talk to them. If you don't trust their judgement then go to another shop. Not everyshop is for everyone, find one you feel comfortable with. Another option is to get measured by them (figure your draw length out) and what poundage you feel comfortable with. Then check the classifieds here or even ebay. I know you have to be careful on ebay but there are some deals there. (This is not an advertisement, just that some bows are woth it there) I'm going to be placing a bow on there next week for a gentleman who I personally know. He's 75 and doesn't hunt. Gets a top line bow and decks it out and plays with it (shooting in his basement and yard only) and then sells it. He's asking less then 1/2 of what everything cost him just because he got his enjoyment from it and now has gone to another toy (and after he sells this is getting another...something about too much time and money, lol). Just an idea.
Old 06-17-2006, 07:52 AM
Typical Buck

Like Iroquois said any proshop can help you and make it fit perfect anything less youll never get great accuracy out of it...
Old 06-17-2006, 11:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

thanx guys...im sure they can probably adjust the bow to fit me...if not i know i cant shoot it....right now the draw legnth is at 29 which is about an inch long if i had it set up....my buddy took a bow to that shop and some mirical way they got it to fit him and his draw is like 30 inches...the bow he was was old and a youth bow i think....the draw was LIGHT..dont know how they did it but they got the draw LONG....i still dont know what ill do....i want to be in the woods in the fall....but almost feel like saving my pennys is the best option and buy a bow i WANT...that 200 or so on a cheap bow or fixing the old bow could be money saved towards my new bow of my choice...even if i miss another bow season....i know it could be money down the drain if i dont like archery and bow hunting...but i find that unlikely...i spend more time in the woods then anyone i know.....and love target shooting...i think bow hunting will be another passion of mine....just like flintlocking and flyfishing.....next year when the 2006 bows get marked down may be my perfect time to jump on a NEW bow going cheaper....i heard alot of good about the highlander..tomkat..and diamond bows...which are all made by the "big" companys....we will see...i still got alot of summer to work and make money etc......maybe ill make more then i think i will......