Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bowtech String Problem >

Bowtech String Problem

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowtech String Problem

Old 06-15-2006, 11:29 PM

Default Bowtech String Problem

I was shooting my 2005BowTech Allegiance and noticed a few strands on the string have snapped. I am not sure if it is on the string or cable. How do I tell them apart? I have noticed that on this bow, and my old bow, a PSE, I have had problems with strands snapping where it meets the cable slide. What is the cause of this? I still have the stock BowTech cable slide, but have a Simm's cable slide I would be willing to switch to if that is the problem. I was the string once a month minimum, but had it sitting in the case for about six months due to the hurricane. What do you think is wrong?

Thanks for any help.
zak123
Old 06-16-2006, 06:15 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Bowtech String Problem

If strands are snapped quit shooting it and get it replaced immediately! A string is made up of a single strand of material (2 if two-color, etc.) so if there is a broken strand then the string is actually broken in two or more. The string is what you nock your arrow on and the cables are the ones that cross to form the "X". Possiblyit is a bad cable slide with asharp edge that is doing it but I'd get it looked at. I was wondering if at first it might have only been the end serving that is seperating/broken and then you could possibly just get it reserved but then saw you said it was at the cable slide. Anyways, get it looked at.
Old 06-16-2006, 06:19 AM

zak, i know you probably didn't have a choice because of the hurricane, but if things are more settled now you may want to hang your bow from a hook. if it got moist in the case the string/cables could have rotted a bit. i've heard a lot of stories about strings/cables snapping in the case.
Old 06-16-2006, 05:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Zak - you should be able to tell the string and cables apart pretty easily. The string obviously runs over the top of each cam and hooks it on the back side. The cables are much shorter and only run on the inside of the string through the cable slide. If you can post a pic of the frayed area we can tell you which it is if you're still unclear.

Also, do yourself a favor and pick up a new set of cables and a string from gibblet. I have a set on my 05 Allegiance and they're awesome. I'm shooting better than ever - and my bow looks cool too.

Old 06-16-2006, 05:32 PM

I have already contacted gibblet about a new set of strings. I am planning on ordering them some time next week.
Old 06-17-2006, 01:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

You say you had the same problem on your PSE? Check to make sure your vanes are not contacting your string/cables when shot. I noticed on my 06 Allegiance that I had to twist the arrow slightly to allow clearance on my vanes. Constant shooting and contact will result in broken strands.