Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

WHA Mess

Old 06-15-2006, 11:18 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: WHA Mess

Well put. A little extreme with the kill off. LOL. But seriously well put and dead on.
Old 06-16-2006, 05:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: WHA Mess

"And... if you'll pardon my jump to judgement, it's all a biproduct of the QDM/Let's grow big horns so I can thump my chest hype. QDM/Let's grow big horns so I can thump my chest is also the reason a lot of people are loosing the hunting areas to the big bucks/big dollars guys like US Outfitters and private rich people. Watch the prices of leases go up as states inact trophy management minimums to grow big horns. When people hunted for the joy of hunting and the joy of taking an animal this never would have happened. Just too much "ME" and "Macho" in hunting these days. Too much hype on the celebs hunting protected private haunts that anyone could kill a big deer in. They're growing a herd, not hunting. It has begun the end of hunting as our fathers knew it. I think it would almost be better if we had a big kill off and reverted to the wild populations we had in the 50s and 60s.

< Message edited by davidmil -- 6/16/2006 12:08:11 AM > "

Couldn't have said it better, except that I have nothing against guys who want their land to be under QDM or who live their lives under QDM as long as they recognize thatwe/they are the selfish ones and the true advocates and hero's of our sport is the average Joe or Josephine who goes out and takes what he or she can get. They just love to hunt and are thrilled when the get something to show for their efforts. The purists. Prosperity is a difficult thing to live with.

There's a place in our sport for big money too though. I'm fasinated with the big horn sheep crowd. My brother says most other hunting is for people who think their rich, big horn hunters are ones who know their rich. Heard of a guy (not sure of the facts) that bid on and won a tag for $800,000. Went out and was unsucsessful. Bid the next year and won at $600,000 and baged one.

Having lived in an area that resembled the population of deer in the 50/60 until the last few years, I'm not in favor of a kill off.