Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

WHA Mess

Old 06-14-2006, 10:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default WHA Mess

Guys let us becareful, when we are talking about the WHA not to attacked those who are members here. TDA I am sure is a good guy, and we have are difference. Yes he is part of the WHA, but I am sure Farbman sold him on the idea and was not totally truthful. TDA has taken some heat from me and other. We all(me included) need to becareful on what we write. TDA I would love to meet with you face to face, and debate this topic. I am sorry if any of my comments came across as personal, but they were aimed at the WHA which you were rep. So TDA should have expected some heat.

WHA is the issue, lets focus on it.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: WHA Mess

Good post !
Old 06-14-2006, 01:15 PM

Good point. I dont think that getting in fights with members is going to do much anyway so I agree we should stay focused on the big picture.
Old 06-14-2006, 04:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Excellent post. Those who are affiliated should not be personally attacked. Everyone has their opinions and hopefully we can provide some constructive critisism to the idea as a potential target audience of what is being proposed. It would appear that the average bowhunter, based on comments here and other sites are not interested in seeing a noble sport as hunting turned into a big ticket sporting event. Hunting videos are great, at least most, and informative. I just don't think we need to see guys competiting for anything other than the trophy animals they may be lucky enough to hunt and harvest.

I personally don't know much about the WHA, but will inform myself of what they are about and not just judge them on this one idea. And it's hard to blame the producers of the products we all use for wanting in, it is business after all. If you choose not to support those that participate it's a personal preference, which we all should have a right to stand up for what we believe in.

Kelly
Old 06-15-2006, 04:10 AM

Excellent Post. Great way to keep things in focus.
Old 06-15-2006, 05:40 AM
Fork Horn

Why not. This is nothing but an avenue for money and the persons involved are just as bad as Farbman. They might not have been told everything, but THEY, didn't bother to check it out themselves. I hold them to the same light as Farbman. How can they possibly believe this is a good thing. The only thing this is good for is to line their pockets and for that shame on them.
Old 06-15-2006, 06:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know your right but my dander is surly up and some things are worth fighting for. Just got to focus our fight the right way. Thanks for the slap up side the head I needed it.
Old 06-15-2006, 08:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

The way I see it, if someone wants to defend WHA, then they better be prepared to take their lumps along with the organization.
Old 06-15-2006, 08:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

We do have to be careful about getting personal. I myself am guilty. Last night I posted some quotes from Farbman himself that portrayed him in a rather un-flattering light. At first I found the quotes amusing and elightening to the motives behind the WHA.

After further thought, I can see how my post could degenerate into a personal attack on David Farbman. Although I hate the Idea of the WHA, I should not have implied anything abouth the character of David Farbman, whom I do not even know. The thread was deleted and I understand why.
Old 06-15-2006, 09:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

seems to me that his charcter is revealed through his actions as well as what he says although the actions speak louder....

Quick Reply: WHA Mess

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.