Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Sponsors backing out of WHA >

Sponsors backing out of WHA

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Sponsors backing out of WHA

Old 06-17-2006, 08:34 PM
Banned

Default RE: Sponsors backing out of WHA

Thanks for the heads up Rob

HCH[/align][/align]
Old 06-17-2006, 10:36 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: newtowha

Again, am I the only one supporting this? Think of the potential this could add to our sport and revolution it could have.

I am waiting for more details to surface
What more do you need in the way of details? The Pay-out scenarios and official tournement rule book?!?

Stick a deer with a tranq-dart in a pen, and solely for the purpose of winning a paycheck. Again, what more details do you want?

Old 06-17-2006, 10:42 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: BobCo19-65

These competitions are little more thanfolks to get together and say look how lucky I was this year!
I have no idea of what your point is.

huntingnet hunterskills are based on luck??
WHA is based on skill??

My conversation with Cougar was based on something altogether different of what you are trying to argue.

I think I'll wait for his reply.
My point is this. How many hunters do you know, that go to their stand SOLELY for the Gold buckle, trophy and jacket they give away at those awards. Those awards are there to service an audience of curious onlookers looking to see who got the biggest bruiser. This WHA Farce is solely for the money, both in the executive office, and in the hunters boots. It's a bastardization of our sport.
Old 06-27-2006, 07:50 AM

the one thing i see that is interesting, is that in the begging of all these posts, it was about the ethics and triditions then to the darts and high fences, and when big bull, put some things out there , then it became a money thing, (now i know some of you started with the money reason) and do not get me wrong you are alowed your opition that is your right, and i am not telling or implying you should lean one way or the other, i am not posting this for the reason of telling you to agree with it or not, but what i am saying is some of what big bull is right,
if some of you are so dead set on boycotting companys and the WHA that is fine but don't you think you should be educated on what you are boycotting, there is not a lot of info out there about this, and as big bull stated there are many other outdoor related topics that are on the same lines as this (but a little diffrent) but i do not see any of you saying or doing anything about them, it all comes down to working together to help promot hunting and the outdoors, we all won't do it the same weather a cross bow or over bait, but what good does it to fight among ourselfs, unless it wil be negitive to the sport, now i know some think that the WHA will, but there is so much more infor to come, from giveing to charitable orgs and many other, i just think some of you are standing against this for the worng reasons( not all of you) and some that are standing for the right reasons do you stand against other things or just this and jsut let the other do as they wish,
be educated and think before you speek, and we need to work together not against,
and finalliy i am not part of the WHA and this is again is not to lean you for or against, some of you just are closed minded, and hypacrits

Old 06-27-2006, 08:07 AM
Fork Horn

no supprise that they dropped out. This WHA is ridicous I think the sponsers should of listened to the hunters opinion. They probably lost alot of hunters buying their product
Old 06-27-2006, 08:23 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Mr.Taxidermist

If some of you are so dead set on boycotting companys and the WHA that is fine but don't you think you should be educated on what you are boycotting, there is not a lot of info out there about this, and as big bull stated there are many other outdoor related topics that are on the same lines as this (but a little diffrent) but i do not see any of you saying or doing anything about them, it all comes down to working together to help promot hunting and the outdoors
I've heard as much about it as I care to , and more than enough to sicken me , that's all I need to know .

You , of all people , should be against a spectacle that doesn't allow you to make a living . Think about it , no dead deer , no mount for you to profit from . Garbage like the WHA promotes nothing but greed and itself , and it's symptomatic of the "screw everybody else but me" mentality . That sickens me more than anything else about it and ensures that I'll never support it . You and Big Bulls can support that trash if you want , that's your choice to make .
Old 06-27-2006, 09:11 AM

ORIGINAL: Mr.Taxidermist

the one thing i see that is interesting, is that in the begging of all these posts, it was about the ethics and triditions then to the darts and high fences, and when big bull, put some things out there , then it became a money thing, (now i know some of you started with the money reason) and do not get me wrong you are alowed your opition that is your right, and i am not telling or implying you should lean one way or the other, i am not posting this for the reason of telling you to agree with it or not, but what i am saying is some of what big bull is right,
if some of you are so dead set on boycotting companys and the WHA that is fine but don't you think you should be educated on what you are boycotting, there is not a lot of info out there about this, and as big bull stated there are many other outdoor related topics that are on the same lines as this (but a little diffrent) but i do not see any of you saying or doing anything about them, it all comes down to working together to help promot hunting and the outdoors, we all won't do it the same weather a cross bow or over bait, but what good does it to fight among ourselfs, unless it wil be negitive to the sport, now i know some think that the WHA will, but there is so much more infor to come, from giveing to charitable orgs and many other, i just think some of you are standing against this for the worng reasons( not all of you) and some that are standing for the right reasons do you stand against other things or just this and jsut let the other do as they wish,
be educated and think before you speek, and we need to work together not against,
and finalliy i am not part of the WHA and this is again is not to lean you for or against, some of you just are closed minded, and hypacrits
Wow! One sentence, 357 words, 18 of them not spelled correctly. I'm normally not a grammar Nazi, but that was impressive! Not sure how much you are helping your cause by posting this. Good luck in the future...
Old 06-27-2006, 09:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Allow me to be the voice of reason (or at least stir the pot)!
Business decisions, by sponsors,were made on the premise that hunters would like this type of thing. Once word got out that we didn't care for it at all, those manufacturers with a pulse on the hunting community pulled out. That's what we should like, in or companies, someone who listens to our needs in both products and service. I have no ill will or hold sanctions against those Companys.
TV and especially sports TV is looking for the next Texas Hold'em Tournament. Something that the public embraces and turns into big dollars! Look at ESPN, there are paintball and dart tourneys on the tube. Find a small audience and turn it global. The WHA tried to grab some of the loot. We as the internet voice of hunting stood strong and got some people to hear us. Maybe enough that this thing doesn't fly. But what if it does? What if Joe "the buck sticker" uses a Bowtech and wears ASAT Camo what do we do??? Sell all our stuff and whittle new bows?
We cannot control the companies, we can only buy the products we believe in. Hopefully the companies countinue to listen to us and do what the the moral majority feels is correct.
We as hunters always talk aboutfair chase and the ultimaterespect for our quarry. We don't buy this ideal from any company or product.
Our Ethics are not for sale, because the price is too high. We are the ones who must go to sleep at night knowing we did the right thing!
Old 06-27-2006, 12:30 PM
Spike

Wow. This was an entertaining read. For the record, I'mCOMPLETELY against this whole idea, but I can't understand why everyone is killing bigbulls. He makes a ton of valid points and his comparison to professional fishing is actually pretty spot on, y'all just won't see what you don't want to see. We all know why we love hunting and the WHA ain't it. Maybe it's something that can't even be explained, so why try? All he was doing was presenting a different point of view. He never said he endorses it. Never said he likes it. Just looking at it from different angles. There was one quote that made me chuckle a bit too.

"As for Pope & Young and Boone & Crockett keeping records and setting minimum scores for entry of their taken animals into their record books, whats competitive or whats gained monetarily by the hunters who enter the books?"

Competitiveness: It costs money to enter a deer in the books right? If you truly didn't care about recognition, why enter one? Wouldn't the satisfaction alone be enough?

Monitary gains: I think folks like Mike Beatty and Milo Hanson would tell you there's ALOT to be gained by entering a buck in the books.