Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hind Sight?

Old 06-03-2006, 10:04 PM
Typical Buck

Default Hind Sight?

Has anyone used the hind sight?I shoot one tru-glo tritium pin from 0-40yds.I was wondering if it is as good as they advertise.Thanks!
Old 06-03-2006, 10:06 PM

Default RE: Hind Sight?

I think for one pin from what ive learned it would be awesome but i dont know about it after that Sorry
Old 06-03-2006, 10:07 PM

No, I've not used it, but in theory it looks pretty cool. I like that idea that your pupils won't dialate because of the restricted light by a peep. I've seen video on how to install and use them. It looks a might bit complicated. Apparently you are suppose to "sight it in" w/ your middle pin....as a "reference" pin.......My only question is.......How does that change your impact point from the pin above or the pin below? I don't know. I do like the idea, though.

There's been a big stir here lately about the "No Peep". That idea looks more acheiveable to me.
Old 06-04-2006, 09:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have and don't anymore. I wouldn't recommend them either except that there are things unrelated that can be learned from shooting with one. If your up for a life leason, go for it. You can not buy it and not know why you don't like it or it's concept, or buy it and know why it's flawed and avoid all the other things similar to it. It really is a cheap lesson when you compare the benifits of what can be learned.

The best I would say,is to have a good bow with good strings, a good site with a fletcher style peep were the site fits into it nicely. A bow press too tinker with the bow to get things right and a good form. Everything else can be used to learn from and confirm what's best. The right shafts ands rest go with out saying.

Good hunting in Ga.
Old 06-04-2006, 11:29 AM
Fork Horn

I would not recommend it. I had one last year and was not happy with it. I have gone back to a peep sight. My friend that talked me into buying it got rid of his too. They are a pain to get tuned and then you have to always remember to keep the middle pin in the crosshairs and aim with the proper pin even though it may be the top or bottom pin. Imissed a nice Illinois buck using one last year. Combining the element of nerves and remembering how to use the setup is not good in actual hunting situations. The "low light" marketing is just hype also. It is not better than anything else when the sun starts going down.
Old 06-04-2006, 01:50 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks that's exactly what I needed to know.Now I wonder how many use the c-peep.I think I'll start a thread on that.
Old 06-04-2006, 05:49 PM

Now to weigh in on the other side of the fence, I've used one for years and really like it it. My setup has taken several deer. Other positive attributes are that it is a great form correcter and I don't have to use a peep. I would think for a single pin setup it would be excellent. Give it a try, it's only money and not much at that.
Old 06-04-2006, 05:58 PM

Imissed a nice Illinois buck using one last year. Combining the element of nerves and remembering how to use the setup is not good in actual hunting situations.
Maybe thats why Tom Miranda cant make a good shot if his life depended on it! LOL
Old 06-04-2006, 06:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Have been using one for three years now,love it!
Old 06-04-2006, 06:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

I used one a few years back and my thoughts on it mimic those answers above.

While in practice it does work and work well as long as you have enough time to aim with it.

But for hunting purposes when the heat is on and the adrenalin is flowing forget it.

The no-peep is a whole lot better IMHO