Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bowhunting girlfriend/wife...good or bad idea? >

Bowhunting girlfriend/wife...good or bad idea?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowhunting girlfriend/wife...good or bad idea?

Old 05-26-2006, 10:21 AM

Default RE: Bowhunting girlfriend/wife...good or bad idea?

i think its good if both your wife and girlfriend hunt with you, just not at the same time.
Old 05-26-2006, 10:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's a good rule to live by gibblet
Old 05-26-2006, 10:47 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: gibblet

i think its good if both your wife and girlfriend hunt with you, just not at the same time.
LOL
Old 05-26-2006, 10:49 AM

I think if you go into this thinking it's a bad idea then it is. If you have an open mind that it may work then it will.
If this truly is someone you want to be with then it's never to early to start working on the communication skills and talk this out. Let her know that sometimes you will hunt with her but other times you would like to hunt alone. If you can't talk about hunting now how much other stuff will you be unable to talk about later?

Old 05-26-2006, 10:54 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: aspeelma

I think if you go into this thinking it's a bad idea then it is. If you have an open mind that it may work then it will.
If this truly is someone you want to be with then it's never to early to start working on the communication skills and talk this out. Let her know that sometimes you will hunt with her but other times you would like to hunt alone. If you can't talk about hunting now how much other stuff will you be unable to talk about later?
This chick has it together
Old 05-26-2006, 11:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

I didn't read all the posts,but there has been a few threads about this.I for one love my wife,and my kids.I'm more than happy to take my wife/family hunting,fishing,boating what ever if it gives me more time with her/them.If my "buddy's " can't hack it then they can find a new buddy.I met my wife hunting,she was hunting also.She is now just getting back into hunting after 4 kids.Last year she shot a white-tail that scores 157 B&C,and for her birthday I had it head mounted,for valentines day she got a new bow,for our aniversairy she got set custom arrows and new 280 rem.,my wife is more than happy with a new hunting knife than a new somthing or other for the"house".
I would rather have a wife that is supportive,than nagging everytime you leave the house.If you don't wan't a GF/Wife hunting then you are best not to get involved at all.It's easier to talk with your signifigant other about issues you have rather than bury your and their head in the sand.
If you are spending all your time getting away from your wife/family,one day they won't be the one that gets ditched.
BBJ
Old 05-26-2006, 11:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Heck no I dont want my wife hunting with me, I want my wife in the kitchen barefoot and pregnant when I come home with dinner on the stove!!! hehe glad she doesnt read this forum or I'd be dead meat.

I would love for my wife to pick up a bow, and once efficient at hitting where she is aiming, venture into the woods with me, or into tree stand etc ... Ive invited her to start shooting in our yard with me many many times, but no go ... yet. She tried pulling my bow back a few times and I think that discouraged her, I told her there are much much easier bows to draw and shoot with. Maybe if I just went and purchased her one she would start shooting it.
Old 05-26-2006, 12:50 PM
Typical Buck

It depends upon who is hunting whom!

Serioulsy my late wife used to hunt with me until our third child was on the way. She was even a better shot than me. So I don't think it's a bad idea at all.
Old 05-26-2006, 03:05 PM

Why wouldn't I take my ol' ball and chain hunting?

Old 05-26-2006, 03:30 PM

By taking your significant other hunting you accomplish a lot of things.
#1 They will become less hesitant to object when you go hunting because they understand.
#2 The ability to enhance an already good relationship by finding a common hobby. (beats the heck out of shopping or gardening)
#3 Educates them to become more conservation oriented.
You can imagine the list can go on and on.

My best advice is to start slow and then work up. I started my girlfriend w/ dovehunting and eventually worked up to deer.
Hope this helps!!!!

Quick Reply: Bowhunting girlfriend/wife...good or bad idea?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.