Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 accessory help..... >

accessory help.....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

accessory help.....

Old 05-22-2006, 09:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default accessory help.....

ok i got a pay check on the way..guess its time to goto a bowshop and start pickin stuff out so when i get another one or 2 i slept on it all and made up my mind and can go shoppin right?? i got bows in mind to shoot....this will be my first year so i think a whisker biskuit is a good choice for a rest till i get comfortable...and when i got the shakes in the stand my arrow aint bouncing on a prong rest! lol..arrows ill decide at the shop i aint startin that debate here! lol...quiver...probably a kwike....but i dont know SQUAT about a stabalizer..any recomendations??..or sights...ill be doing ground and stand hunting....so im thinking a good 3-5pin sight will be my best option?? but who makes a good dependable reliable one that will take hunting use....im not looking to break the bank or work all summer for a sight lol...so keep that in mind.....a stabalizer and a sight that will hold up to a pretty good hunting use and alot of target shooting....but affordable....i rather spend the money then not spend it and wish i did.....so give me some options to look at and ill goto a bowshop and shot some bows and start thinking about it all here SOON...next days off probably....im working alot so it aint going to take toooo long...probably by july ill have it ALL....i want to be shooting SOON...i want to wear a target out before i go back to school at the end of august! lol
Old 05-23-2006, 07:59 AM

Default RE: accessory help.....

As far as stabalizer go Check out Doniker and Fuse both are really good youcan not go bad with theany one of them andprice is more than fair.

Your sights and other products go pick them up and feel them see what you like don't let any one tell you what to get....get what fits you style. about breaking the bank for sights anything good is going to run you $80 - 180 so like I said pick out what works for you and Good luck
Old 05-23-2006, 10:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

thanx extremebone....ill check them out....i just dont know much about bows and accessories...this will be my first setup....i want a good soilid setup that shoots good and wont let me down.....but id really like to buy a climbing stand this summer so i aint lugging around hangons and climbers...and a NEED new hunting boots bad lol....mine are going to be useless by summers end the way i wear them...yard work...fishing...when i am out on my buddys farm....they are gettin old....and ill still need money for my college books and stuff for school....ill be alright im workin alot..just dont wanna put 2 grand into my first bow...then find out i dont like shooting bows or something....or find out i dont have time to hunt or something....
Old 05-23-2006, 01:42 PM
Fork Horn

My advice, whatever that is worth, is to not get caught up in all the archery hype. There are very good bows out there that don't break the bank. Reflex, diamond, Bear, Ross. Shoot as many different ones as you can.
Stabilizer, hard to go wrong with an S-coil and one small module. Sights, look at Copper John, Cobra, Spott Hogg.
Old 05-23-2006, 02:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don't go for cheap sights. I got cheap sites for my first pair and when I finally had the money to upgrade...I did. I instantly noticed that I was shooting better with good sights. Doinker is a very good stabailzer.
Old 05-23-2006, 04:29 PM

Well, I will give my opinion on sights. I bought the sword apex micro site for $90.00. I could not be happier with it. My proshop had to order it and it arrived w/in a couple of days.

Check it out. http://www.swordacusite.com

You can hold off on a quiver until season gets a little closer.

Old 05-23-2006, 06:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

thanx for the info guys...i just want to have some good products in mind before i show up at the shop and they talk me into buying over priced gear that i dont need...i cant wait to go shot some bows here soon..

if i decide on a bow...does the shop usually have to order it or do they have some on hand?? just curious.....if i have to order it ill go sooner so its here when i got the money in my pocket....which working like i am it shouldnt take toooo long.....and my uncle got a bunch of stuff to list on ebay....he said if i do it i can get a nice chunk of the profit...so that will help and be easy money
Old 05-23-2006, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

ok, well i am more than satisfied with my tru-glo brite site and 4in stabilizer and get a hip quiver is what the guya t the pro shop said because the extra weight could cause you to tilt the bow a lil bit but i dont know if it matters and you can never go wrong with the wb imho so thants my 2 cents
Old 05-23-2006, 07:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Had a buddy suggest this sight which won't break the bank at $79.99...

Both of us also have $160 Spot Hogg's and like this one just fine, if that tells you anything.

I've been a BIG fan of Kwikee Quivers for many, many years now. I think their slogan is something like "You can spend more, but you can't get any better." For what I use a quiver for, that's exactly right. I LOVE the additional Caddy Brackets you can buy and screw into the tree at waist height which allows you to take the quiver off your bow and place it right beside you. I've got almost 10 of those little brackets, and I put them in the tree when I initially hang my stand; that way,I don't have to remember to bring them with me on every trip.
Old 05-23-2006, 07:37 PM

Greg...thats a nice looking sight!

Quick Reply: accessory help.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.