Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Givin the woods a rest for a lil bit......... >

Givin the woods a rest for a lil bit.........

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Givin the woods a rest for a lil bit.........

Old 10-29-2002, 04:31 PM

Default Givin the woods a rest for a lil bit.........

i'm givin the woods a rest for a couple days. the last day i hunted was sunday and i'm not goin back until thursday. My buddies say i'm crazy b/c i've seen a huge buck....saw nothing but tines...we think it's the 10 we've been seein. and i also saw a huge button buck... about 150lbs. Yeah they're tellin me that i should be in the woods and not at home. But i figure i been huntin that spot almost everyday since season opened, so why not give it a lil rest and give myself a lil rest. Should i be in the stand or just let it alone until thursday?

Brian

Old 10-29-2002, 05:59 PM

Default RE: Givin the woods a rest for a lil bit.........

It is your call on this one but like they say you can't get em from the couch.
Old 10-29-2002, 07:53 PM

Default RE: Givin the woods a rest for a lil bit.........

I don't usually answer too many post but I felt I had to answer this one. I see it all the time hunters that are anxious to get in the woods at the start of the season and than burn them selves out before the rut is on. The start of bow season is when I sit on several stand sites just to see whats their. The big bucks are not on the move and what you usually see are does and small bucks. I will take a doe at this time. I will not hunt hard or often. I try to save myself for the last week of Oct. and the first two weeks of Nov. That't when the bucks are on the move and now is the time to put your hours in. Even than I will need to take a couple of days off to rest up. After two days off I am ready and anxios to get back out their. To answer your question YES take a couple of days off now. If you continue to hunt you will be tired and bored and this leads to mistakes such as moving to much on stand. The Rut will be starting very soon and when you return to the woods you will be fresh and ready to hunt hard.