Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Pimp My Ride Red Neck Style !!! >

Pimp My Ride Red Neck Style !!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Pimp My Ride Red Neck Style !!!

Old 05-15-2006, 06:05 AM

Default RE: Pimp My Ride Red Neck Style !!!

ORIGINAL: Rich Baker

Toyotas are built in america just as much as the others!!!
What he said, and what hard times are you talking about. The economy is doing great, unemployment is down...UNIONS are what is killing GM. This thread is getting close to needing to be on the political forum. Nice truck sorry you got railed for your post
Old 05-15-2006, 06:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Unemployment might be down but so are average wages. People are trading jobs at GM for jobs at Walmart and other lower paying employers. You gotta look at thewhole story.

Manufacturing, particularly the domestic auto industry, built the middle class in this country. When you buy Toyotas, Kias, and Hondas you are contributing to the demise of the middle class in America. Hunting is a middle class sport (although this seems to be changing). As the middle class shrinks, what’s going to happen to our society and our sport?

There are a lot of hunters in GM plants – in fact the “EVIL” UAW negotiated to move the Veteran’s Day holiday to coincide with the opening day of deer season so guys could go hunting and not hurt the company by having mass absenteeism. I know a guy who uses his GM paycheck to lease a farm in Pike County Illinois for bow hunting. You can’t do that stuff making 8 bucks an hour. How many of your hunting buddies could afford to hunt on minimum wage?

How many Americans have their health care paid for by Toyota? Fact: GM is the largest provider of health care coverage in this country. Yet GM is criticized by many of you for this. Toyota and Wal-Mart don’t cover too many American’s health care bills.

I live in Michigan and I see it everyday. My parents both lost jobs in the auto industry. Luckily for me they put both of their kids through college first with their GM wages. The other day I saw this lady driving a Kia with a big American Flag sticker right under the Kia logo. It kills me to see stuff like that whenso many people in my area losing their jobs. Like I said, sorry to get all “political” but I LIVE this everyday. I see the effects firsthand when people don’t consider the consequences of how they spend their money.

Old 05-15-2006, 06:26 AM
Typical Buck

thank NFTA, Now lets move on
Old 05-15-2006, 07:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

My honest opinion why [do] many (not all) people buy foreign vehicles??
Sad to say, but just about everyone I know buys Toyota, Honda and Nissan to get a better quality, period. It has nothing to do with "jealousy."

When I think of how long a Toyota, Honda, or Nissan will last, I think of 250,000 - 300,000 miles. I know there's going to be tons of examples of people on here who have a GM or Ford who made it much longer --but when I think of the average lifespan of one of those, I'm honestly thinking it's 100,000 miles. That perception, or reality -- if you will, is admittedly changing over the last few years, but it IS based in reality.

Case in point: My Jeep Grand Cherokee required a new rear end (spline gears completely stripped out), new transmission, new radiator, and it eats front rotors like they're going out of style (a problem documented by Jeep in internal memos) -- all before I hit 75,000 miles.

My Lexus? Change the oil and drive.

I know there's strong feelings about this issue -- and probably none stronger than those felt by David who fought so valiantly for this country and its freedom. But that freedom necessitates we churn out a first-rate quality product that competes not just in looks, but in reliability and longevity.
Old 05-15-2006, 08:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

When American Auto Manufactures can build a vehical that lasts as long as the Toyota's, I'll start buying them. I've owned 5 fords, and bought my first Toyota a couple years ago. FAR SUPERIOR! It's a global economy my friend!
Old 05-15-2006, 08:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I fully understand the desire to support domestic industry but by doing so you are slowly killing yourselves. In this global economy the large auto makers are totally intertwined. Ford owns volvo, Daimler owns Chrysler, GM owns Saab etc. GM puts Honda engines in Saturn SUV's. To isolate yourself and only buy what is produced domestically would destroy your economy over time and your standard of living would plummet. The rest of the planet does it so to not do that in the USA will only hurt you and your children. I drive a Toyota and had a Honda before that. I drove US cars for 20 years and a s a sales rep who travels on business @ 60,000 kms per year I was lucky to get 3 years out of an american made car and I tried them all. My current Toyota Camry has 240,000 kms on it and has yet to burn a bulb or headlight. Routine maintenance is the only expenditure in my last 2 Jap cars. My US made ones nickel and dimed me to death. I am not jealous of others making more money than me I do fine but I just got fed up of having 2 year old cars towed off the highways with burnt computers and alternaters etc.... My wife has a V8 explorer that I use to hunt and fish with and unfortunately it is starting to fall apart. The power locks, stereo are all starting to die. You never see that in a japanese car.
Old 05-15-2006, 09:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: The Lone Wolf

When American Auto Manufactures can build a vehical that lasts as long as the Toyota's, I'll start buying them.
Then you should start buying them TODAY because they DO build a vehicle that lasts as long, in fact longer than Toyota. Pleae read below:

Some FACTS about GM Quality (source JD Power):
In 2005 GM earned 16 quality and dependability awards—more long-term dependability awards than any other manufacturer INCLUDING TOYOTA.

GM had a record 30 models among top three in their segments, more than any other manufacturer.

The Chevrolet Silverado HD, Prizm, Malibu and S-10 Pickup; Cadillac Escalade EXT; Buick Century and LeSabre; and GMC Yukon/Yukon XL were the highest ranked vehicles in their class in the J.D. Power and Associates 2005 Vehicle Dependability Study

Quality is no longer a valid reason for preferring a Japanese vehicle. Please be aware of this the next time you are shopping for a new hunting truck. The Silverado HD would be a great choice - it recieved the top award for dependability in it's class.

Old 05-15-2006, 09:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

GM had a record 30 models among top three in their segments, more than any other manufacturer.

The Chevrolet Silverado HD, Prizm, Malibu and S-10 Pickup; Cadillac Escalade EXT; Buick Century and LeSabre; and GMC Yukon/Yukon XL were the highest ranked vehicles in their class in the J.D. Power and Associates 2005 Vehicle Dependability Study
Yeah,
And my mother has a Malibu with 50000 miles on it with a fried engine due to a leaking intake manifold gasket and my wifes last S10 blazer had the same problem. Matter of fact everyone of my buddies who drove GM full size pickups have either had to replace an engine or transmission. They have all gone over to Toyota pickups.
Old 05-15-2006, 09:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

I do know that the company one of my best friends works for in NY state made the timing chain, tension system (and some other engine mumbo jumbo) for my 04' Nissan Frontier so I indirectly put food into his kids mouth with my purchase.

I was actually surprised to hear that a percentage of Ford trucks are assembled in Mexico I think?

Anyway, I guess thread sufficiently hijacked huh?[:-]Sorry........nice truck, cool seat covers.
I'll slide a pic of mine on here later tonight.
Old 05-15-2006, 09:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

360 k and still going strong.. Now I did have to add a transfer tank to keep this 12 miles per gallon hog on the road.

Quick Reply: Pimp My Ride Red Neck Style !!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.