Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Pimp My Ride Red Neck Style !!! >

Pimp My Ride Red Neck Style !!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Pimp My Ride Red Neck Style !!!

Old 05-14-2006, 04:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Pimp My Ride Red Neck Style !!!

Land Rover Discovery:

And for the young bucks out there:

Old 05-14-2006, 05:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Way to new for me, my truck is a 79 F150, and nothing will stop it. Id post pics but do not know how to.
Old 05-14-2006, 06:13 PM
Typical Buck

'01 Dodge

Old 05-14-2006, 09:00 PM
Fork Horn

Great trucks and SUV's. For the question about vehicle preference well first all I live in Canada and I bought a truck that was assembled in the USA, this I feel is my choice. Sure many of the components have been made in Japan but so have many domestic vehicles. Chrysler, GMC, Ford all have components that were made in Mexico, Japan etc, including motors, stereos elecronic components. Every thing we own from clothing to hunting equipment is imported for the most part. I understand how some people feel strongly about things like this but if you were spending your hard erned money wouldnt you want, what you felt was best for your dollar??. When I bought this vehicle I researched the hell out of many other trucks and all around from resale, and reliabilty this vehicle seemed the beter buy for me.

Any way keep the pics coming sure tells allot about what we do by what we drive, I love it!!!
Old 05-14-2006, 09:01 PM
Site Buck Guru

My old hunting truck, built it myself. '78 Chevy k10 shortbed. .030 350, built, balanced etc. and a np205 trans. case, all gears with 4 speed/granny gear. 40" tires. Where do you wanna go?

Old 05-14-2006, 09:42 PM

I cannot possibly imagine why anyone living in this country would buy a foreign automobile. Why would you want to give your money to some faceless corporation overseas when you could instead support your neighbor down the street?

When I see people say things like "Yea well, American cars have foreign parts on them too".........it just makes me more certain that are struggling to find justification for their purchase.........Here is a hint........If you have to justify it to yourself and try to convince yourself that you didn't do the wrong thing............You did the wrong thing.

As far as "Made" in America goes.............some people really need to learn the difference between "Made" and "Assembled". Biggest scam going.....they let us put their crap together for lower paying, no pension, low benefit jobs and we gobble it up and ask for more.

Here is a little gem about Toyota:

In 1987, Toyota constructed an auto plant on part of the 1,500 acres of free land given to them in Georgetown, Kentucky. The auto plant was built by a Japanese steel company using Japanese steel. The U.S. government granted a “special trade zone” so that Toyota could import auto parts from Japan duty-free. Financing was handled by Mitsui Bank of Japan. Total federal and state grants and incentives exceeded $100 million. These subsidies, of course, were courtesy of your tax dollars.

We have no one to thank but ourselves

"It's not the Japanese who are causing the market share decline," said Bruce Belzowski, an auto analyst at the University of Michigan's Transportation Research Institute. "It's Americans buying the Japanese vehicles."

My honest opinion why many (not all) people buy foreign vehicles??

Jealosy............plain and simple.

I have heard it a thousand times........."That friggin' lucky SOB got into the Chevy plant because his father worked there and now he is making $30/hr. I wish I had luck like that.........I gotta work this crappy job and live in this small house while he goes to work and gets paid to read magazines.

The only thing people hate more then their own life is seeing other people do better then them.............and the easiest way to solve that problem is to try to tear everyone else down to your level instead of building yourself up. It is really quite sad...........but unfortunately all too true.

This post is not directed at anyone in particular.........just a general statement and not meant as an insult to anyone here.........I will quickly follow that with the statement that I really do not care if anyone takes offense to what I said because I believe it is true and needs to be said and heard more often before we are all wearing paper hats serving other people.

In case anyone hasn't noticed we are fast aproaching being a country of service people. We barely produce anything anymore and that is what the foundation of this country was built on. My father worked for 35 years in a steel mill.....he went to work EVERY day and never did a half assed job. He had car companies that would request his rolled steel specifically. He lives a very comfortable life now in early retirement........something none of the people selling their souls for a job at the Toyota plants will ever know.

I have NEVER and will NEVER own anything other the an American vehicle. My truck was 93% American made parts and 100% assembled by American workers. Never had a single problem with it......great truck........warranty is for 80,000 miles. There is no need to buy a foreign product when so many good American products are available.

Here is my truck

Old 05-14-2006, 10:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

While I understand everyones anger about the buying foriegn cars bit, lets face it, we do it to ourselves!!! or should i say the gov't does it to us! Keep raising the min wage and we'll be servicing the rest of the world... lets just hope we never get into a war and need to produce goods. Im not in the least bit jealous, just practical... do we really need to pay people $30 an hour to assemble a car, when we can pay someone in another country 1/4 of that? If you want to fix the problem dont go on strike when you need to get pay cuts, or have company provided health care for life. That is what is crippling GM. If people arnt willing to work for less it wont be long before GM and Ford are BOUGHT by toyota or honda due to financial issues. Or if they go bankrupt then no health insurance for life and more imporantly no job! The problem will fix itself sooner or later: either they work for less or have no job. The next world wide recession will force people to have to work hard for their money.

The gov't could help the problem pretty easily... flat sales tax. Get rid of corporate taxes, inventory taxes, and we could produce and sell cars for a lot less than what foriengers could. Cause we'd still pay a sales tax on it no matter where it was made, and the US companies could make it for less cause they wouldnt pay taxes on it, which happens in every step of production. I wish people couldnt have the taxes automatically deducted from pay checks. It would hurt alot worse to have to send a check to the govt every two weeks, w/ a sales tax you'd pay the same amount, only crimials and foriengers would pay it to (not just law abiding citizens). Not only that... we would own the worlds wealth... if you didnt have to pay income taxes on investment earnings where do you think all the worlds wealth would go???? We would litterally have the rest of the world by the balls, the only way they could compete w/ us would be for their govts to get a flat tax too.

Anyway, I know its a serious problem, and we have to hope the govt fixes it or that we can rely on our technological innovations to keep us producing and leading the world on the tech front which will hold jobs here cause we have the best higher education in the world. The only problem is we need to lighten some of the immagration laws so when we teach forieners they stay here! not go home and take all our jobs w/ them. It's the american spirit to work hard for your money, I have faith in backbone of this country and our economic freedom... While our growth may slow down for a while... it will never stop. There are a lot of hard working people in this country that will keep us going strong for years to come.

Sorry to ramble on.. this subject hits home for me.. Im currently working on my MBA and work as an engineer, so i hear bout it alot.

Oh, and in case your were wondering..... I only buy Chevy. Like a Rock!

I'll post pics of my baby tomorrow.
Old 05-15-2006, 12:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

How about the made in china goods being sold for cheaper than they can make them for?

GregH, that's one cool truck- congrats on pulling off the rebuild.

Atlasman, sweet clean ride.

Here's a pick of my truck hauling the groceries- (only pic I have at work)- Trouble free to date& lovin' it. 2004 Supercrew FX4

Old 05-15-2006, 04:05 AM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: DaveC

How about the made in china goods being sold for cheaper than they can make them for?

GregH, that's one cool truck- congrats on pulling off the rebuild.

Atlasman, sweet clean ride.

Here's a pick of my truck hauling the groceries- (only pic I have at work)- Trouble free to date& lovin' it. 2004 Supercrew FX4

Thanks DaveC, like I said , that was my old hunting truck. My newest one is a 2005 Supercrew FX4, also trouble free and lovin' it! Don't have a pic of it yet.
Old 05-15-2006, 05:18 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: RDHunter

Ok ,some toyotas are made here in the states but when someone buys an import that money that was used to buy it go's to the Co. overseas it don't support people in the states.
Ford Motor Co. owns 48% of Toyota . Feel better now ?

Quick Reply: Pimp My Ride Red Neck Style !!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.