Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hunting public land with an ATV? >

Hunting public land with an ATV?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting public land with an ATV?

Old 05-11-2006, 04:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hunting public land with an ATV?

Gutshot: No offense taken and I don't think I was whining, LOL. Laziness has nothing to do with it. Believe me, if I had the time IWOULD walk all 200,000 acres and love it, but I have a job [:'(].I have never hunted public land or used a quad before and just wanted to see how guys are doing it. While I was there,I was asking around, and many people hunt that way.
Old 05-12-2006, 06:00 PM

Default RE: Hunting public land with an ATV?

Laurel Point Soccer fields? Only thing that comes to mind is Mylan Park, it's close by Laural Point, outside of Morgantown.
As far as Coopers Rocks and hunting goes, it's been really bad in recent years do to the poor management our states DNR has done. The DNR has ruin most of WV's hunting by letting too many does to be slaughtered as well as not instilling an antler restriction. I have been spending alot more deer hunting across the stateline in Pennsylvania lately, more deer and better management. Southwestern PA that is, don't wont to get the people who are hunting in the northern part of Pennsylvania in an uproar, I hear the hunting has been tough in the northern part of PA.
Huntington? Spent a year at school down there, was coached in football by a nut called Sonny Randle...........many years ago.
Good hunting.