Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Success the last 2 Saturdays.....long >

Success the last 2 Saturdays.....long

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Success the last 2 Saturdays.....long

Old 10-29-2002, 12:20 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Success the last 2 Saturdays.....long

Lilhunter,

It sure is, I actually live at the edge of St. Paul and Roseville and work in White Bear. We found out about the property and owner through a deer management group I belong to (MBRB). They sure do have a bumper crop of deer around that area, we see them on the roads around there all the time. Sat on that property one night last December and saw 52 deer in 2 hours (10 different bucks), all chasing, second rut going on at that time. I go the the Compound Doctor all the time, that's where I bought my patriot. I know a lot of people that frequent the place, is your uncle Mike the Primos pro staffer turkey guy?? The only Dan I know there is Dan Krueger that works there. Email me if your going to be in town, we'll have to hook up and have a cold one, or at the very least BS about hunting. Was the buck you took around there a big one??

Thanks everyone.

MN_BOWHUNTER

Edited by - MN_BOWHUNTER on 10/29/2002 13:22:21
Old 10-29-2002, 03:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mn,

You wouldnt happent to know Tony or AL Kuehn? Tony was big with the MBRB for awhile and to my knowledge still is.

My buck wasnt a biggun, I didnt have a hole lot of time being I was home on emergency leave and managed to shoot a nice 4 point with flat antlers like a knife blade at 5 steps sitting on the ground, what a thrill!!! My do is on the http://www.strictly bowhuntinging.com web page..go down till you see both of us in orange, I am to the right with the longbow, tony is at my left as you view the picture. The other young guy in the story is Al's son Jeremy.

I did however see many big bucks on some land near my ole mans house. I grew up hunting the area and know where to go if I am looking for bucks, espically bigguns. I never did shoot one before I left for the service, but man did I see them...one HUUUUGE 10 pointer I put my dad on and low and behold he missed that very first nite and hasnt been bowhunting since LOL....2 more massive but not as tall 10's one morning going into the woods..they both were out in the field. The last year I was there I found the magic spot but didnt have the knowledge to hunt it, I did shoot under a nice 8 point much like yours. Morning seems to be the time in that area. Also After the slug season hit, it was slim pickings pretty much everywhere I went till early December ...if I ever have the time to actually sit more then a couple hours here or there, I know where I'm going!!!

Yes that is the same Mike, Mike Foster is his name. He is my step moms brother...one heckuva man and a helluva hunter! He is the one that set up my first bow 11 years ago now, it was his son Davids bow, a forked lighting jennings.

I always remember Dan's last name as Knee, I had his science class in 8th grade....he came on here a couple times and I know he is there on either saturday or sunday. I also believe he is still teaching at Northwest Jr High in Forest lake. Take the main exit into FL, go east towards the "old" part of town. The first stop light before Dennys take a right.....go about 1 mile, the school will be on your left. You'll see the base ball fields there to the left. I am not sure but Mike might have one of my sheep pictures up on the tack board, its a ram from 99, I was lucky and managed to shoot another this year...I'll have to email ya pics!

I am game for the beer AND the storys lol. Tony also lives in town just off of 61 near the DQ. I'll shoot you a link to those pics here in a few!

Dan
aka Lilhunter

Edited by - Lilhunter on 10/29/2002 17:12:50
Old 10-29-2002, 07:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Way to go. Sounds like you got a whole season of hunting done in two days. Congrats.
Old 10-30-2002, 09:24 AM
Fork Horn

Lilhunter,

No, don't know Tony or Al Kuehn, I think I have heard the names before but not sure. I have been a member of MBRB since their 3rd year, know some of the board members. I'll check the tack board for your pic, gotta bring a pic of mine over anyway. I'll let Mike know I have been talking to ya.

My buddy who was hunting with me that evening I shot the buck, said he saw my buck being chased by another much larger buck, plus saw 2 others around the size of mine. So there are a couple more nice ones left there. In the next week I'm gonna sit in a tree next to his and see if I can get video of him shooting one of those bucks.

Again, Thanks everyone.

MN_BOWHUNTER

Edited by - MN_BOWHUNTER on 10/30/2002 10:25:17