Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Monster Bucks XIV >

Monster Bucks XIV

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Monster Bucks XIV

Old 05-03-2006, 12:11 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Monster Bucks XIV

Ok I guess we are on the same page for the most part but we differ in that I think most camo patterns by the big 2 suck. I think that there are 3 or 4 lesser known companies who make far superior camo patters but dont get used as much because of the marketing power of the big guys. The big guys are really trying to appeal to us on the "Cool Factor" and know that they could make a better pattern but dont for reason more related to sales number then R&D.

I guessI dont quite understand where the 12 P&Ys play into all this but ok.
Old 05-03-2006, 12:18 PM
Fork Horn

Greg / MO, My favorite and next camo will be one of the Preditor patternsbut I was just using ASAP as an easy example to type of camo. You are right in that this style is far superior to the patterns of the major two. What has made MO and RT superior in sales is the marketing not the camo.
Old 05-03-2006, 12:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

I guessI dont quite understand where the 12 P&Ys play into all this but ok.
How many Big Deer have you shot in your lesser know brand? Since realtree issub standard, you should be well ahead of me in my realtree camo.

Greg that is a nice pattern, I am going to look into it. I still have Skyline camo which is not made anymore. I could hunt a couple locations in that camo thx.
Old 05-03-2006, 02:06 PM
Fork Horn

Actually I wear the same stuff you presently do except I wont buy scent lok or scent blocker anymore but thats another whole topic I think we'd disagree on. If you read back you will note I stated that I am in process of pawning off all my MO and RT stuff or I may give it away. This whole thing Ive been saying is just a recent observation Ive noticed over the past year or so. I just think MO and RT have the market share they have due to marketing not because its so effective. Hey man if the stuff works for you, and you say it doesthen by all means wear the heck out of it. You have your opinions and I have mine.
Old 05-03-2006, 02:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

What size are you?
Old 05-03-2006, 02:33 PM
Fork Horn

XXL.
Old 05-03-2006, 02:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

Not going to work, my issue is with the slamming of products. Not just camo, but all products. I have been very succesful with certain products, and fond some that do not work. Others my find the onesI could not get to workvery helpful. Realtree camo is great product in the right element. Out west I would wear a Preditor or ASAT. I try and keep an open mind about all products. Not just who is the biggest!!

Great example is grut tubes, I do not use them(or any call). Some guys have been succesful with them. I will never slam any grut tube, if you like it use it. When people start to slam products I hope they have some data to back their claim. I am going to ask for it, and if they prove it to be true I will be the first to state they were right.
Old 05-03-2006, 02:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

ghemry,

I'm not saying you can't get away with murder wearing solid -wool patterns as the old timers used to; but my point is, why not take advantage of a pattern that works better for treestand hunting?

Also, growing up hunting Michigan public lands I used to get busted all the time. Since switching to Predator Fall Gray 4 or 5 years ago, I seriously don't even consider cover when setting up.

Hunting in Illlinois and Iowa I've hunted in "bushes", 8 ft. off the ground with does standing down-wind at 15 yards trying to find me, and they simply couldn't figure out where the human was. I wish I would have had it on video!

Actually, if anyone would like to see a short video-clip of a doe winding me this past season when I was hunting on a field edge post, I can send it to you by email. It is poor quality video because I took it with my digital camera, but it illistrates the point I'm making about a doe having me pegged, but not being able to find me! PM me if you would like to see it.
Old 05-03-2006, 02:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here's another picture of Predator Fall Gray.

Old 05-03-2006, 03:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

Looks great for being in a bunch of birch trees. SinceI havenone where I hunt not going to use it.
As for being winded, I have notbeen winded in three years, but that is a whole different thread!!!, LOL

Nice lone wolf stand, I use the climber and love it!!

Quick Reply: Monster Bucks XIV

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.