Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
How are you NYers doing? >

How are you NYers doing?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How are you NYers doing?

Old 10-24-2002, 08:36 AM

Default How are you NYers doing?

Any luck yet? I've seen more trespassers than deer! One evening I had two 8pointers walk by about 60 yards away. I grunted at them and they totally ignored it. I then rattled a little and they took off running the other way! I finally climbed down from the tree to see where they came from. As I was walking thru the brush I saw them in a cornfield walking parallel to me 40-45 yards away. I stalked to the edge of the woods and waited until they passed by at 30 yards. I drew on the first one and didn't shoot because the wind was really blowing, I then drew on the second and decided to let them walk. I wasn't positive I could hit them properly in that wind. I figured I knew where they were going so I snuck up the old farm road and as soon as I got to the spot one of them steps into the opening 10 yards away. I didn't have time to shoot and he was gone, I never saw him standing in the woods.

A couple days later I had a larger 8point walk by me at 30 yards but it was too thick to shoot. He went after a doe and could care less about the doe scent I put out. I later ran into him as I was walking to my truck, he jumped up less than 10 yards away and ran like a mother! Scared the crap out of me. He bedded 50 yards away from my truck!

They don't seem to care about grunting, rattling or doe in heat scent yet. Whats working for you guys? I've only seen one buck chasing a doe, the others are still hanging out together. I've got plenty of rubs and scrapes around though.
Old 10-24-2002, 11:30 AM

Default RE: How are you NYers doing?

Seen LOTS of does and no bucks. I was holding off for a buck but it looks like I gotta start taking out these does.

-Mike

Old 10-24-2002, 10:16 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]