Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 NYers ... how we doing? >

NYers ... how we doing?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NYers ... how we doing?

Old 10-28-2007, 02:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default NYers ... how we doing?

How's everyones season going so far? It's starting to really heat up now. I've seen a lot of bucks moving during the day. Mostly smaller bucks so far and a few big boys. Lots of scrapes and rubs popping up daily. Should be a good week next week. Temps sound like they're going to be cooler and the hunters moon just behind us . Good luck to everyone.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:57 AM

Default RE: NYers ... how we doing?

you too !
Old 10-28-2007, 08:52 AM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

Yea! it started.
Old 10-28-2007, 10:08 AM
Fork Horn

im in western,ny. its starting to heat up here as well. the group i hunt with has done well. we have takin 2 8pts and a 7 in the 100-120" range. 2 doe's as well. has anyone used a decoy? what are your results?
Old 10-28-2007, 12:13 PM
Spike

I seen 3 bucks yesterday morning all young ones.One of them was following a doe and grunting.Good Luck the rest of the season guys!
Old 10-28-2007, 02:21 PM
Host of Hosts

I was out a little bit on friday and found a huge scrape and a rub on a medium sized tree with a smaller one branched off the bootm that the deer actually snapped in half. He was pounding that tree. I never seen anything like that before. I'm gonna get a pic when I get back over there.
Old 10-28-2007, 04:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

after seeng NOTHING for 10 days i saw a MONSTER at about 80 yards tonight...couldnt count the points but his rack is much wider than his body and VERY tall, he was more interested in eating blackberry leaves than heanding my direction, but i know i'm in the right spot!

i would bet this deer would make P&Y, he really is a BEAST , especially for my neck of the woods!

i'm psyched!!

moose
Old 10-28-2007, 05:06 PM
Typical Buck

Ihunted Friday and Saturday without seeinga thing. I hunted in hot stands too, but nothing came by. Maybe next weekend. Most of the guys are seeing bucks and a few does, but not all of us. Three day weekend again next weekend!
Old 10-28-2007, 06:09 PM

i was out sat morning and had 2 doe in the feild and did not come up the path to me. but i have not been out sense will try this week and sat..
Old 10-29-2007, 03:52 AM
Fork Horn

A few deer chasing....I passed this guy up at 10 yards yesterday...He is just a 2 1/2 year old probably around 100" or so..He was pestering the does, but not running them too hard...

I have a feeling this is going to be a good week to be in the woods though. Starting Wednesday I am on vacation for 2 weeks!!

Quick Reply: NYers ... how we doing?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.